Thursday, April 03, 2008

when did this happen?



I fear my baby is losing (has lost? heaven help me) her babyhood.

20 comments:

Amanda said...

I have a two year so I can only guess about this...I think, no matter how big and non-baby they are, they'll ALWAYS be your baby. :::hugs::: She's such a doll!

Colleen said...

Sorry, girlie... What a FANTASTIC toddler you have on your hands though....

The Runyans said...

oh my..i feel the same way. . .and mine isn't even a year yet! check out my blog from a few days ago. i posted easter pics from last year and this one. . .he's growing up on me!

Anonymous said...

Every time I see pictures like this I'm reminded of the saying "The days may seems long but oh how the years pass by so quickly" (or something like that). What a blessing to be able to be @ home enjoying every minute of your little muffins lives!
Amy T.

Amy said...

What a fantastic side-by-side! It's a good thing you have a new little baby around for that fix, cause Sarah is nearly 100% little girl (which is not a bad thing!)!

Megan said...

Unfortunately it will eventually happen with Ephraim too. I felt the same with Mazie and Jamie. She is still beautiful, like she has always been, just not a baby anymore.

Anonymous said...

oooh, i relate.... it is so bittersweet, isn't it?

liz said...

there's still some left! But it's good to notice so you're sure to savor what's still there :)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, my "baby" is going to be 18 in a few weeks. How did that happen so fast?

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sometimes seems as if it happens overnight. I was watching Zoe sleep last night and thought she is getting so big, about to turn four and there is even such a drastic change from the beach pictures last year to this year. And I swore, I would never be one of those moms who constantly say, where has my baby gone...BUT I AM!

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I know I've been labeled "too practical" by a certain someone around my household...and he is probably right (and tired of me saying this), but I'll say it anyway: Every time I see these side by side photos, I just thank the Lord for blessing us with and keeping with us such a sweet girl Sarah... Although I'm sure my tone might change in a year or so ;)
XOXO,
P.C.

Megan said...

too funny...i did a post just like that a couple of days a go...chubby-cheeked little baby followed by grown-up-looking toddler. i never understood the whole flying years cliche until i was a mommy. :)

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I know how you feel! It goes by so fast. It's hard to believe my chubby little girl with all the rolls is now a skinny 6 year old! Her brother, though he will be 4 soon, still has enough of a baby face to keep me happy. It will be sad when there is no trace at all of baby anywhere!

I teach . . . said...

I think it happens as soon as you add a new baby to the mix. Suddenly your little one looks so much bigger. But seriously-- how beautiful are your children!?!

Amanda
queenbeedesigns.blogspot.com

Shana-Lynn said...

I feel the same way, it's sad in a way isn't it?

Audrey said...

She's growing up!! Can't believe how much she's changed...such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Aww...just console yourself that when you look back three years from now, your toddler will still be a "baby" in these pics. It's such a special time.

I noticed by glancing from Sarah's pics up to your blog header that your little guy sure looks like her!! Super adorable...I wouldn't be surprised if you have another GAP baby on your hands!

Anonymous said...

It goes by fast, doesn't it?! My baby is almost four. It's been so tough watching her grow up quicker than I can comprehend. Luckily, I have another baby on the way (due in May)...so maybe that will help...a little.

Stephanie said...

Where DID our babies go?! Look at that... just amazing. I do have to agree- what an amazing little toddler you have though!

Shana-Lynn said...

Still a cutie no matter how old she is!