If you guys only knew how much time I spend racking my brain trying to figure out how to make you all feel as good about yourselves as you make me feel about myself
(whoa, I think I'm lost in that sentence, are you?) you might be a little concerned. I know I've said it before but it's worth repeating: this blog makes me happy. Sharing bits of our life and having people who read it...it makes me feel connected when some days I feel so isolated. And then to top it off you guys leave me these amazing comments that make me turn and look over my shoulder because you seriously are not talking about me. And I know I've said this before too but it's also worth repeating: I wake up lots of mornings and hope/try to be the person that some of you who read my blog think I am. I'm no wonderwoman. Not even close. And many days I'm even the evil opposite of wonderwoman (surely she had a nemesis, right?).So. Here's my new fun little game. Readers Who Rock. I wish I had 500 smackeroos to toss around to fun places like
Ree often does but a little shout-out is the next best thing, right? Well, maybe not the NEXT best thing but I'm sure it ranks high. Right? right?
Here we go.
Our inagural "Reader Who Rocks" is...Karly of
Josh and Karly. Last week when I posted this shot of Ephraim...

She left this comment:
"Oh my gosh the hat! The first picture i ever saw of Sarah was in that same hat - and i've been hooked ever since. I squeeled with delight at its reappearance!"
And I'm pretty sure she's talking about a shot that looked something like this...

And it made my day that she remembered it.
Thanks Karly. You rock.
17 comments:
I enjoy clicking on your blog everyday and reading something new or seeing another precious photograph that you have taken. You do a wonderful job. :)
how awesome to have a photo of both e and sarah in that hat! so so very speciaL! and gorgeous photos i might add!!!
I love your blog!
thanks for sharing someone to go read that's new!
tara
I recognized that hat too, but kept it to myself. Darn. ;) Congrats, Karly! Love those pictures, Erin! Hope you are having a fabulous Thursday!
That is sweet. The comment, the hat, the photos. Truly do love it and truly do love you! Can't wait to see you next week :-)
OK, at the risk of repeating previous comments...thank YOU for sharing everything you do! I'm not a mom, or a photographer (although I just got a nikon d40 and I'm working on it...), but I just love seeing your pictures and hearing your stories...you're such a great model of a Godly woman, and I have so much respect for you.
I hope you're having a great day!
oh my gosh.. so honoured, so embarrassed, so much blushing! But as i've said before Erin, thank you for putting yourself, your family and your photos out there for us to enjoy. You inspire daily! Thank-you!
Beautiful photos of the kids and special they're in the same hat!
Oh....my.....I haven't seen any baby pics of Sarah and she looks like such an angel in that pic! I just want to pinch her chubby little cheeks there!!
Beautiful children, I can't get over how much they look alike.
I'm a new fan! I just stumbled upon your blog last week, but I have looked at it a million times since then it seems! ;) (I'm not a stalker!....ummm ok, I am a "blog" stalker!) lol Anyway, your children are beautiful, your kindness is rare, and your words are so appreciated! Thank you for sharing all your knowledge on photography, on motherhood, on your life experiences! I have enjoyed reading your blog and will continue to come back every day so keep up the posting!! :) My kids keep me on my toes...but I do get to catch a few blogs during naptime! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself as a new reader! ;)
Oh gosh - that is ADORABLE! I can't believe how much they look alike! Such beautiful kids!
Karly really does rock!! I should know as we are close friends and she got me hooked on your blog too! I love your photos you are amazing! I take a lot of pictures and could only hope to come close to the quality of your work!
You're so sweet to think about how your readers feel.......even though it's joy enough that we get to see your AWESOME work for free ;) Thanks for all of your sharing and hope ya'll have a fun weekend!!
That is so sweet of you. I often read your blog. You do seem to have it all together, and you are quite amazing to raise all of that money. I love your photos, and I am working hard to get as good. May never happen. Thanks for always posting and thinking of us too!
Oh wow! Just look at those two in the same hat! How precious! Love the photos!
um, and isn't it YOUR hat?
Post a Comment