Wednesday, May 21, 2008

stay beautiful.

There are a few lame things about me that I'm not afraid to share with you:

1) I still sleep with my childhood blankie.
2) I'm whiter than a sheet and gave up sunning long ago instead embracing a "white is cool" mentality (I'm still waiting for the rest of the country to catch up)
3) I shamelessly listen to mainstream (pop/country/r and b) music on the radio and enjoy it...we do have a few eclectic selections in my personal listening library but for the most part I'm sadly uncool in this department.

So. The point is. I like Taylor Swift. I think she's cute and bubbly and positive and I think it's amazing that she writes her own songs at her age (at any age really!). I got her CD for Christmas and have been mildly obsessed with it since. Sarah has followed suit and knows pretty much all the songs. In this house though, our favorite is "Ephraim's Song".

Okay, no. That's not really the title. At least not according to Taylor Swift. She calls it "Stay Beautiful". Tomayto, Tomahto. I wish I knew how to link to the music or the video or something but just add that as #4 on the lam-o things about me list. It's worth downloading though if you're cooler than me and actually know how to do it. (Oh look! Megan hooked me up with the link)

You're beautiful.
Every little piece, love.
And don't you know,
You're really gonna be someone,
Ask anyone.
And when you find
everything you look for,
I hope your life leads you back to my door.
Oh but if it don't,
Stay Beautiful.

Yep, it's totally Ephraim's song.

Ephraim, who turned 6 months old yesterday.






Stay beautiful my sweet, smiley mama's boy.

27 comments:

the larsons said...

I gotta say that Taylor Swift gets on my last nerve. Ok, that's out of the way, so more importantly, I love Ephraim's smile. He is just irresistable!

erin said...

Aw man Marian, I guess we can't be friend anymore...

:)

Anonymous said...

Try going to this link, and embed the code provided. I don't know how blogger works, but I use Typepad, and I just create a Notes Typelist and put the code in the "note" box.

http://www.imeem.com/manderpooh/music/LHH1ZsgX/taylor_swift_stay_beautiful/

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess my link didn't work. Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/58zwwp

Mindy Bush said...

He is such a gorgeous baby!

Gina said...

6 months alread...time sure does fly. Love that smile!

Amy said...

Beautiful post! He can't possibly be 6 months old already. . . really?!?

Anonymous said...

Love these photos! He's so beautiful (or "handsome" as we must call the boys at my house).

Am going to keep my ears open for Miss Taylor : )

Crissy

Megan said...

Oh I love those cheeks and that last photos. Happy 6 months, little man!

mindy~ree said...

are you just trying to make me cry?! :) I have 2 little girls whom I love more than anything on this earth...but my baby boy...I don't know there is just some kind of connection with him. The girls are wrapped around their daddy's finger...and that boy of mine has me in the palm of his hand! ;) Anyway...I loved this post! I like Taylor Swift too...so I won't hold that against you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful he most certainly is. Isn't it amazing how you can love your babies so much it hurts?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
Colleen and family

Kelly Kuntz said...

he is so beautiful! I'm off to download that song

Tori said...

Isnt that song great! I just love Taylor :)
Ephraim is the stinkin cutest thing I hae ever laid eyes on...He is so precious! Arent boys great?

shelby valadez said...

he is a gorgeous boy! I love Taylor Swift too. I am very impressed by someone so young who can write songs like that and sing too! Did you know that she has been writing songs for others (for $$) in Nashville since she was 13?

Shana-Lynn said...

He is SO adorable. I absolutely love his smile and those eyes!!!

the larsons said...

Am I a hater for saying that I don't like Taylor Swift?

erin said...

oh girl yes, you're a total hater. I might just have to block your ip address from this here blog.

HA! :) You know I love you!

liz said...

Number 1: E can NOT be 6 months old
Number 2: I think I'm pretty musically diverse and I feel like a lame-o b/c I downloaded TS' album as soon as A&I got back from visiting our "faux fam"!

liz said...

ps: I'm totally sporting a "whiter shade of pale" and "pulling.it.off"

Jodi said...

1. We want side by side photos of Ephraim and Sara as a baby in that hat!
2. Whitey-white IS cool. Chris and I are so pale that whenever we go on a beachy vacation, the staff is still saying 'welcome to paradise' on the day that we leave since our "tan" is lighter than most people's "need some sun."

Anonymous said...

I'm like you....."mildly obsessed" with Taylor Swift and it's totally b/c she is talented enough to write her own songs at such a young age!! She re-released her CD a little bit ago so the one you have from Dec. might not have the additional 3 songs.....sorry to say ;) Ephraim is the sweetest thing EVER!!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am slightly obsessed with Taylor Swift too! I saw her in an interview a long while back, and she just seemed so real - like none of the fame had gone to her head. She acted like a normal 16 year-old, and I think that is what I like about her. I even went to her concert when she came to town locally.

Ephriam is so beautiful!

Jaime said...

He is so stinkin cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months Ephraim! Keep being good to that Momma of yours. She deserves it.
Brandy

Anonymous said...

I still slept with my childhood blankie, too, to Todd's dismay. I made a deal with him that I would give it up when I turned 30, but my 30th birthday came and went, and I still slept with the blankie. Then I decided to hold up my end of the bargain when we had Megan. I gave up the blankie when we moved to Colorado when she was 6 months old. Almost 3 years later, I still have it, though its home is on a shelf in the closet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh the hat! The first picture i ever saw of Sarah was in that same hat - and i've been hooked ever since. I squeeled with delight at its reappearance!