Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a little piece of happy

This little guys brightens my world. Especially on days like weeks like this one where his sister seems to be testing the upper limits of the stink-o-meter. I love her SO much...which may explain why she can get under my skin like no other. :) Please tell me I'm not the only mama feeling this way.




(you may have already seen that one on my business blog. Yes that was a shameless plug.)


A few other things brightening my day:

- Vegan night! Have you checked out Angela's scrumptious looking recipes at Dinner's Ready? She makes it look so cool and so easy to be vegan. I realize this isn't a everyday bandwagon my family will be jumping on but you can't deny the health benefits. So how about vegan night? Tonight we're having Vegetable Chickpea Curry (not actually from Angela's blog...but she's my inspiration!) and I'm so incredibly excited. It's in the slow-cooker right now and even half-done with still crunchy veggies it tastes goooooood.

- the Pigbears' big give. I got the most amazing call from the recipient of your goodness last week. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. You guys have touched their lives in a way you can't even imagine and I feel so guilty that I'm the only one who got to hear the joyful, thankful surprise in her voice. PPAHBR reader's rock! :)

- Nana and Grandaddy's house! Tomorrow we head there for the weekend and this whole fam is crazy excited about it.

- And the last piece of happy for today...wait for it...wait for it...



Oh yeeeeaaaah...that's three square feet of Cobb comin' at you! I mean, seriously, does it get better than that? HA! (samantha, keep your comments to yourself)



For the record, it's a 36" square canvas with a black wrap. It's actually true b/w but this was the best I could do first thing this morning. It arrived yesterday and I had to catch myself or I would have kissed the fedex dude.

Hope your day has a few happies in it too!

37 comments:

Heitkampfam said...

Can you link to the chickpea curry recipe?? I looked at Dinner's Ready and can't find it. Sounds delish.

erin said...

Oops...sorry, that was a bit misleading. The curry recipe is actually from my Southern Living slow cooker cookbook but I linked it up in the original post. Enjoy!

Amy said...

I LOVE that 3x3 -- a beautiful addition to your home decor! And I love those photos of Ephraim. . . I can't wait to get my hands on him in a few weeks. I may just eat him right up!

Lauren said...

Unfortunately, my little one is testing me today too, so I can completely relate to your comments about the Pigbear. So sad I don't have a little one around to make up for the 'tude I've been getting from my toddler. Oh well! :) Enjoy the kids, stinkiness and all, and your weekend with family.

the larsons said...

That canvas is adorable. And I have a veggie chickpea curry crockpot recipe from Cooking Light that we eat all the time - might be the same one since they're under the same corporation...

can't wait to see you! and read my latest post for why Stella is pushing my buttons lately too. Urghhh.

Megan said...

For the record, I think mamas and their daughters are destined to get under each other's skin. Mazie and I do it all the time and now Jamie is following suit. The "stink-o-meter" is working overtime! Try to be patient. I am hoping it passes (or at least lets up a bit). That is a lovely addition to your wall. Gotta love family photos for decoration. I am very happy to hear that the recipient of the big give is happy. That's what it was about, right?

Sharon said...

OH! I love your canvas!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Any just so you know my girls can get under my skin like nobody else! I told Mary Rose that I was praying that God give her a daughter that was exactly like her. It took Miss Know it ALL a minute to realize I didn't mean it in a good way.

jeramy sossaman said...

How gorgeous! So cool Erin! Great....now Sharon will want one....THANKS!

Jeanelle said...

I'm a vegetarian, but I'm 99% positive that there's NO WAY I could be a vegan. I simply love cheese way way way too much!

Onto that canvas - I let out an "Oooooh" when I saw it in that picture! It's BEAUTIFUL!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Your canvas is amazing! I love love love it!!! Such an inspiration.

Lana Voeller Photography said...

love love love love love it.. i NEED one of those for my house.. and the testing is happening here everyday.. must be the age... our second little edition isn't coming till Sept.. so I am sure the testing has only begun. we are having a boy too so it should be great to have one of each.. what a blessing and now i have a great idea for a great pictures like yours...LOVE IT>. was it a small fortune i bet..
oh and i love the new pictures of Ephraim.. he is so cute.. both your baby's got those huge beautiful eyes..

Anonymous said...

Kids...you gotta love em but you don't always gotta LIKE em!

The picture is AWESOME! What a great idea. (Considering that you've photographed my family I guess you know I won't be getting anything like that soon...)

angela | the painted house said...

Hey, thank you for the plug! You will have to share the chickpea recipe, please. Yum! I think it is so cool that you are trying vegan sometimes. I think it sounds so extreme to most people, but I think we all eat vegan occasionally. But it has been a challenging and fun adventure. Jeanelle, I so understand--I always thought vegan was too much and I would miss all the dairy yummies. Now I don't struggle too much with cravings/temptations as I do with lack of convenience.

But now that my husband has been HEALED OF CANCER, Praise the Lord, we plan on eating vegan at home still and having little splurges every once in a while. I have been amazed at how good I feel physically after eating this way. And the vegans who eat only raw food feel even better, I hear. Now that sounds like something I couldn't do!

That photo collage is BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous family. And, yes, I do have favorites with my kids at times...it all depends on who is letting me sleep or letting eat my meal without interruption. I don't know how many times I've whispered to Callan (our 8 month old), "You are my favorite right now!" :)

A Bug's Life said...

Ok Erin, I will definitely be there in a couple of months for a photo shoot. I've got to have a family canvas like that one. TOO COOL!

By the way, I totally feel you on Pi'bear's attitude. We are going through the terrible two's here at the Christopher household. We have our good days and many bad ones, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the canvas!! Can you tell me where you printed that?!?!?! Or is it a secret! You are amazing!

Shawna said...

That canvas is GLORIOUS!!!

J.J. said...

love the canvas!! i have a free coupon i need to use...not sure what i want!! love the collage idea tho - did you do it that way first or on the website???? love it! makes me wish for a true dining room. and i request an update on the slow cooker recipe! please report back!

Rebecca said...

I'm in love with that canvas! Gorgeous - both the canvas and the subjects. :)

Mandy said...

Oh, how the little one (and the big one) test me. I was just having this talk with my husband yesterday that I feel like a drill sergent with the word NO No No No NO written all over me.
We'll miss these days one day though right?????

Your 3x3 is BE-U-TEE-FUL!!! A little envyous I must admit. Who needs a painting when you've got beauties like that?! Great job!

Samantha said...

I was actually going to call you to complain about all the things Caroline was doing to annoy me today, but figured I'd give you a break. So it must have been every 2 1/2 year old annoy your mama day.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Loved the pictures of your little guy-he is too sweet!
You are NOT the only Mama that's for sure. It's in their nature and it's not just my daughter anymore but now also my son who can push those buttons.
That canvas was GORGEOUS!! Where did you have it done or made?

Jenn McPherson said...

Love the canvas and your pics of the little man. You are inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

Love the canvas. So cute. Where did you get it printed?

erin said...

Aw, thanks for all your awesome comments today you guys. I totally needed this pick-me-up.

So glad you liked the canvas. I LOVE IT. Everyone needs 3 feet of the fam, right?! I ordered it from a canvas lab for pro photogs (email me if you're a pro and want more info) but if you're not in business I believe you can order one through a company called Canvas on Demand. Google it.

Anonymous said...

WOW - what great news - I am so glad the family was greatful for the donation - Love the picture - and yes you will have more days of Sarah being a stinker - but what memorable moments those will be in the future you will look back and laugh.

Shana-Lynn said...

Beautiful canvas. I turned out really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm a new "commenter" and found you via my friend, Angela (the painted house blog). I just LOVE each and every picture you take and reading your blog. The 3 feet of fam is unbelievable and I would love to do this myself and hang the monstrosity in a spot of our house that has the perfect space for such (so cool)!

Erin said...

Dang you and your creativity!! The canvas is making me drool.

The Runyans said...

these are precious. love your canvas.

check out this site:

http://www.makeandtakes.com/

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I totally love the canvas! Did you order from WHCC? Just curious - I'm thinking I need one of those! I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos. I'm gonna have to stop looking at your blogs...so wishing you could take some photos of T for us!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Words can't even describe your photos - you are truly blessed with a great talent and ability for photography. Capturing lifes moments like these are priceless. I guess you could call me a "lurker" - I do not blog myself, but I enjoy reading your blog everyday and looking at your pictures. I so wish you could take photos of my family (we are in WV). I stumbled across your blog months ago and have enjoyed it everyday. I love knowing there are mothers out there that experience the same things I do. I am a stay-at-home mom of a 2 (three in a few weeks) and am expecting again in July. I enjoy taking photos myself but nothing compared to what you can do. Thanks for sharing your absolutley beautiful children and family with us. Again, you are truly blessed in every area of your life. Always keep God in the center and who knows what He has in store for you. Many Blessings! Andy (from WV)

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not the only mom that feels that way. Thanks for sharing the 3 x 3. It's amazing.
Brandy

Anonymous said...

How do you achieve such brightness in your photos? As in the newborn type of baby shots on your photography blog? I love this look & can't capture this kind of lighting/soft look with my Nikon.

Neurotic Atty said...

Ohmigosh, I love the 3 square feet of Cobb! What a beautiful piece of art! I hope you made the FedEx guy stay along enough to see it unwrapped.

Speaking of beautiful, that little guy gets cuter and cuter in every picture. He's going to give his sister a run for her money! Oh, and my sister has been having lots of trouble with her 2-year-old lately. Lily apparently has a lot of attitude these days. Her new favorite thing to say, "Go away!" Yeah, my sister loooooves that one!

Anonymous said...

That is one cute little guy ya got there! Can't wait to meet him and give him a squeeze!

Noah has also been testing the upper limits of the stink-0-meter this week. Having a chunky almost 6 month old definitely helps to even things out!

erin said...

Thanks again for all your encouragement you guys! If any of you do a large canvas like this I sure hope you'll share!