Wednesday, May 28, 2008

who knew the Q and A would breed?

Certainly not me. Apparently the questions and the answers got a little rowdy while I was away and when I came back...POOF...more questions were born! I'll do my best to get to all of them in the next week or so. After my mini blogging marathon Monday night I'm just not sure I can face it right now. =)

What I CAN face is this crazy little one inhaling a piece of my birthday cake at Tory and Parmy's house last weekend...



It was a big ol' honkin' piece but according to Pi'bears it just wasn't enough. Because after she finished licking off this birthday candle with Daddy...



...she proceeded to take about a 1 1/2 inch chunk out of that wax candle. "It's in my belly" she replied when I asked where it went.

That's my girl. My crazy sweet-eating girl.

eta: check back tomorrow for the first edition of "Readers Who Rock"...this is gonna be fun! Hmmm...wonder who it will be...

16 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

LOL. That reminds me of my niece, Lindsey, who is about to graduate from high school (!!!). When she was about 3 or 4, we were having a birthday party for one of my other nieces, and all the kids grabbed a candle to lick. We were collecting all the candles to throw away when we noticed that Lindsey hadn't licked the frosting end at all -- she'd bitten off the flame end! Like Sarah, it was in her belly!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics you take of Sarah and her dad! Is she daddy's little princess? Sure looks that way :) Happy belated birthday! Amy T.

Anonymous said...

lol! That's quite the grin! Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

How does it feel to be an icon who everyone goes to for answers? Well you certainly know how to get people motivated that's for sure! Lucky for us you use your power for good rather than evil. And it all spawned from making beautiful babies and taking sweet pictures of them that you wanted to share...

~Jenn H~ said...

Sarah is such a honey! Love that expression you caught!

Sidenote-you need to watermark these, that Pi'Bears is definitely cute enough to show up on someone else's blog. and I'd hate for that to happen to one as wonderful as you. :)

erin said...

Jenn...you're so right. (sigh) I hate that. I've gotten lazy about watermarking my own snaps (versus portraits) thinking no one would steal regular old family photos. Thanks for the reminder. I need to get back to doing it.

Anonymous said...

how cute is she/?!!
readers who rock, now that's FUN! can't wait to see who it is! maybe i will find more fun blogs to read!
tara

Amy said...

I LOVE that look in her eye. Thanks for the heads up. . . I'll be keeping close tabs on my desserts next week! :-)

Jeanelle said...

How funny, and coincidental...Gabby Grace took a chunk out of her #2 candle just a few weeks ago.
She was very disappointed to find out that it wasn't candy like she'd hoped!

Anywho - happy belated birthday!

michelle johnson said...

Aww, happy belated birthday Erin! Love your blog!

The Runyans said...

her little wrinkled nose!!!

that's priceless!!!!

Jennie said...

too funny! ryan hasn't eaten any of his candles so far, but i do have a hard time keeping his fingers out of the bowl whenever we make cupcakes and brownies! :-) i love the surprised "mmm!" he lets out when he tries the batter!

random question - i totally get why you don't want people to be able to right click on your photos, but is there a way to be able to open up all of your links in a separate window? i want to keep your posts open, but then open up all of the great links you post and when i try, i get the copyright warning thingie. thanks!

erin said...

Good question Jennie. Hmmm. Honestly, when I added the copyright thing I didn't realize it would happen when you clicked words too. I may end up just taking it off but until then could you just open two windows...one to leave open with the main blog and the other to click on links? Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

If you hold down the control button and then click on the link, it will open it up in a new window :o)

Jennie said...

AWESOME! thanks erin! :-)

erin said...

Well I guess you learn something new everyday...I had no idea about that! COOL!