As in...
"Time to eat, fam!!!" (me)
"Hey fam, let's go hang out in my room." (Sarah)
"My fam!!!" (Brent)
Ephraim is still working on the correct pronunciation of "the fam".
We love us some fam. And some fam time. Last night we were all doing our own thing in the backyard - Sarah swinging, Brent planting, Ephraim chilling, Mommy painting - when we were suddenly attacked by an impromptu photo shoot. Don't have a clue how that happened. ;)
These pictures make me spill over with love for these peeps. And in the name of documenting my feelings and memories here are just a few of my thoughts as I look at these...
Ephraim. I love your sweet spirit. I love how you press your soft little cheek up against mine and are content to leave it there for what seems like ever. I love that you practically convulse with joy when I walk into the room. I love how obsessed you are with your slobbery hands.
Pi'bears. I love that you call your brother "honeybunches" and "fussybucket" and "buddy-ro". I love how you turn your head away and look at me with extreme sideways eyes when you're asking for something that you know I'm probably not going to give you. It makes me want to give in. I love that you battle me all day long and then pretend to be me when you think I'm not paying attention. Like last night when you sang "Amazing Grace" to your baby. I love that you insist that you're going to marry daddy even though I've told you a million times that I already married him (and showed you the pictures to prove it!).
Brent. I love your endless patience with these crazy kiddos even as they're spitting and snotting and screaming all over the place. I love your endless patience with me when I start sentences with, "I was thinking...". I love that you take care of all the daddy jobs and never even think twice about it. I love that you love The Office as much as I do. And Gilmore Girls. :) I love that you're a good father, brother, son, and grandson. I love that you haven't stopped trying to surprise me even though you've only been successful once.
I sure love this fam.









30 comments:
No, I love this fam. Thanks for documenting us--we do have a good thing, huh?
But what is Gilmore Girls?
love you
Dadah
what a great looking fam!
Oh My Goodness that is so sweet! You have a Beautiful fam :-)
So very sweet :)
YAY! Awesome pics! I love ones with you in them too, don't see those as often :)
Great pictures! Ok, here is something I would like you to discuss....how do you get their eyes to look so great? My kids, I think, have the most beautiful eyes but I can never fully capture that beauty when I take pictures, no matter how hard I try. I have one with brown eyes, one with blue & one with green. Yes, the whole spectrum. So I would love to know the secret. Thanks!
This post totally melts my heart. :)
this made me cry!
Love the photos, especially the one of brent with slobber on his shirt. You look amazing and happy and beautiful and there aren't nearly enough photos of you with your fam.
amazing, as usual! :D you have an absolutely beautiful "fam"!!
Hi I live in Brazil, in Sao Paulo!
I live visiting his blogg. I think your photos super beautiful and frankly, never had the courage to make a comment saying that! But is not, I had to take courage and I came here to say: Congratulations!
The children are very beautiful.
Success for you. Kiss! I hope not to have encomodado.
(I am writing in English with the help of a translator. Must be some errors, does not it?)
That is one sweet fam you've got there!
Wow! I never realized how much Sarah's and Ephraim's eyes are YOUR eyes! No doubt about it! You are so blessed with your "fam."
Oh my gosh, could your family be any sweeter??
Erin, I like you even more knowing that you love Gilmore Girls!
Ahhh, you almost made me cry. I told you not to do that when I'm at work!! Such love and such great pics. (By the way, I hope your "fam" doesn't end up on another Brazilian blog....)
Love the pictures and the tributes!
Adopt me, would you?
Your children have the most beautifully colored eyes. This is so such a sweet post.
I love that fam, too! What a sweet post. In these parts it always goes like this: "So, I was thinking. . ." So, I know exactly what you mean :-)
Yay for fams!
What a nice post and I love the pictures.
Those are absolutely beautiful pictures!! i love them all!!!
I didnt have a chance to comment yesterday but i have a mommy oops that might make you feel somewhat better. I (who have been taking care of babies since i was a baby) was changing lawsons diaper when he was about three months old and put his onsie back on afterwards and didnt notice until about an hour later, when he was peeing on seth, that i had never put a new diaper on him!!!! So no diaper is WAY worse than no panties!!!
see you tomorrow
Your fam is beautiful both inside and out.
--Monica
What an adorable family sorry I mean FAM. I love how you shared your thoughts about each one. Sarah looks just like her mommy, very pretty.
You have the most beautiful family.
I mean...fam. :o)
LOVE these shots! just precious!!!! did you get any of you painting and everyone doing their own thing too?! the words that go with these are priceless!
tara
I love your fam too... and I don't even know you guys!
(But I feel like I do. Does that creep you out? Oh, and ever since I started reading your blog, I've learned that I have friends that DO actually know you.)
(Not a stalker, promise.) :)
Hi Angie, nope, doesn't weird me out. Maybe it should though! :)
oooh...the "who do you know?" game - I love it. Who do you know?
I rarely comment, but this was such a great post I just had to! I not only love the pictures (they are amazing as always!), but especially how you wrote what was in your heart. What a treasure! Thanks for sharing!
What an awesome post!!! I loved it!!
Come on Brent, you know the Gilmore girls. Be honest and tell us about your favorite G.G. episode! oh yeah, I think it is time for a video post, Dadah.
~Dave
I just stumbled upon your blog and reading this post...I cried! ;) I love your blog and you are now marked as a favorite and added to my list of blogs to "stalk" ;) I have 2 little girls and a new baby boy and I loved reading about how you raise your kiddos and I LOVE the photographs...WOW. Anyway, it's nice to "blog meet" you and I look forward to checking in with your latest posts every chance I get! :)
Post a Comment