
aw yeah...nothing like some good baby drool.
So. Happy Memorial Day Weekend! AKA Holiday-weekend-that-always-falls-on-erin's-birthday-and-sends-us-out-of-town-and-driving-home-on-aforementioned-special-day. Happy THAT! :)
No, we're actually super-excited about heading down to the beach tomorrow to hang out with the Cobb side of our fam for the weekend. Lots of fun pics of my other favorite niece next week. Promise!
And in honor of HWTAFOEBASUOOTADHOASD (see above) I'm an open book for you! As the business has picked up several things have fallen to the bottom of my time managment list and one of those things is answering emails from you guys. I always love the things you say and the things you wonder and I really, really love to help when you're looking for something or need help with something or whatever. SO. If there's anything that you wonder, anything at all, ask it here! Photography, baby food, diapers, meals, how to effectively sell your children to the circus, why my husband puts up with the fact that I still sleep with my childhood blankie...anything! I promise not to push this post to the bottom of the time management list. And if I come back and there are only 3 questions and two of them are repeats or deleted comments I promise to only feel like a slightly deflated fool. hee hee!
I'll start by answering the question I've gotten a few times over the last week about the house blocks from Sarah's room a few posts back. I looked and saw that W.J. Fantasy makes them and a reader, Jenny, dug a little further and found the link to purchase them right here. I'm pretty sure I got mine from Marshall's or TJMaxx...my very favorite place to buy kid toys and books.
Have a great weekend peeps!
35 comments:
Hi Erin! Yes, there is one thing I've been dying to know...Do you calibrate your monitor???? If so, what do you use?
Thanks!
Kim
that is REALLY cute Erin!!
get that husband of yours to film a "what's in Erin's bag" http://cutframetv.com/view_video.php?viewkey=d3dcaefc96f40275bdc0&page=1&viewtype=&category=tr
ok, my question because it is something I am having trouble with right now...what kinds of things did you feed Sarah when she was oh about 1 1/2? My daughter ate anything and everything and now refuses to try anything new or eat more than a few bites of what I give her...
You mentioned that you make your own clenaing supplies. Any directions or tips?
I'd love to know what camera/lenses you use and which one(s) are your favorites. Thanks! And, happy birthday!!
Happy Birthday and have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Happy Birthday Weekend, my dear! You'll have to wait a week post-birthday for a personal delivery of your gift. Hope you don't mind. . . it just spreads the birthday joy out a little longer :-)
Thanks for the block link Erin!
Hope you have a great Birthday!
Hi Erin!
I'm coming out of lurking to say hello first of all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
OK my questions are
1. Did you consider any other cameras besides the 5D when you bought it? Ever consider any Nikons? What sealed the deal on the 5D? (I'm debating between the 5D and Nikon D300)
2. Is there anything at all about the 5D you would change or you don't like as much? How's the LCD? ISO? Not having pop up flash?
3. what is your advice for getting SHARP pictures (especially considering our subjects are constantly moving (i.e. a 6 month old!)? Did you find that when you went from the Rebel to the 5D your pictures got sharper/better? (here's where I'm hoping it's my camera's fault and not mine! haha. Even though I know that's not true. I have the Nikon D50)
3. When did Ephraim start sitting up unassisted? My little guy (nearly 6 months) can't quite get there yet!
I have lots more but will spare you for today! LOL!
You have a beautiful family and I've enjoyed reading your blog for the last few weeks! You are a good WRITER!! Seriously! :)
Enjoy your weekend and thank you!
Mary
sorry apparently I can't count. I numbered my questions 1,2,3 and 3. My son is doomed for math class.
Happy birthday! That makes you a Gemini like me!
I fell in love with those blocks and immediately went searching...I found a seller on Amazon who had them plus shipping for right at $20.
My question is about transitioning to a big girl (boy) bed. What approach did you use and how did it go?
Happy Birthday Erin! Hope yall have a great time at the beach!
I have asked on another blog post but how do you get your kids' eyes to look so vibrant and beautiful in photos? I have tried many different things and my kids' eyes never look so good. Is it a photoshop trick? I would love to know!
PS-Happy Birthday to you!
Oh and I totally get the holiday birthday thing....my birthday is August 31 and almost always falls around Labor Day weekend.
Happy Birthday! I just miss the holiday weekend birthday (mine was yesterday - 22nd)...so I'm 28 now right there with ya! Enjoy the beach.
Ohh fun, I have some photography questions!!
1. How do you get such amazing catchlights? Is your house full of windows?! The post below of Ephraim, did you use a reflector? What's your secret? And how often do you use reflectors?
2. Do you CWB? I never have luck doing that, so most of the time I stick with AWB. Just curious if you have any advice on this.
3. If you could only have one lens for portraits what would it be?
4. Ever thought about mentoring? I would be so interested in being your mentee! =) =) =)
Have a great weekend and a wonderful birthday!!
Ever consider coming to Canada for a visit? If you do I'd have a line up of clients for you with me in the front of the line with the biggest, happiest smile!! I love your work!!
I want to know what's on the wall behind little E's head :) Looks interesting!
Here's what I would love to know:
Do you plan on having any more kids? How many and how soon?
Also, why do some people call you Erin and others call you DeeDee?
How did you meet your husband?
Is it weird to you that so many people you don't know come to this site religously?
happy birthday friend!!!
I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but was too shy! How do you get that wonderful back lighting? I probably need to get a book or something, any recomendations? Thank you and have a wonderful birthday!
Hey, if anyone wants a REAL answer about Miss Erin, ask me. About her, not the photography, obviously. :) She tends to forgot the truth sometimes.
Hi! I found your site through 2peas awhile back and love reading your blog! I have often wondered if you would consider mentoring or having some type of photography workshop...I guess now would be a good time to ask!! :)
Also, do you ever use an external flash if you don't have enough light...if so, which one do you have?
And here's a totally random question...what is your family's favorite meal to cook at home?
Thanks and I hope you have a great birthday weekend!
Happy birthday Erin!!!
I have a question - why would someone ask really personal questions and not leave their name??? Creepy...
Erin...
How many posts do you think should be archived before making a blurb book? Any other tips regarding a book?
Thanks
Kristy
Traverse City, Michigan
ooooh. I hadn't even thought of the blurb book question, but I like it. I wonder that, too. I have the same questions as Mary about camera choices and whether it makes a difference when it comes to getting really sharp pics. And, I've got the lens questions, too - also in relation to sharpness. I totally struggle with sharpness. I know how you met your husband, sort of, so I'm good there. ; )
Hi Erin! I am also a lurker coming out. I have been enjoying your blog for sometime now. I am also the mother of two. I just had our second 15 days ago. In the hopes to achieve my motherhood goals we as a family are looking to clean up our act. So I am curious about two things.
1. What cleaning supplies do you make and what are the recipes? We seem to be using vinegar for everything.
2. Have you heard of the new BPA/ Born free bottles? If so are you using them? This whole thing about plastics is bothering me and we are trying to learn more.
Thanks so much for letting people like me, a stay at home mom, see a glimpse into your journey as a mom.
Thanks,
Janice
Happy Birthday Erin! My question is where did you start learning about photography. I am not sure wher to start. I read stuff online and in books but not sure what I should be learning about first when it comes to photography.
Hello! Happy Birthday!
How do you get your cloth diapers clean enough so that they don't smell? We switched to cloth diapers a few months ago and I love them, but we're having some smell issues (mainly pee smell issues). It is driving me crazy and I'm not even one of those overly clean or overly sensitive people about smells. We do a rinse with baking soda and then one or two washes, sometimes with enzyme soap and sometimes with detergent . . . neither seem to do the trick very well. When the weather cooperates we hang them outside. HELP!
Hi Erin!
I have the same question as Bree. I love taking piictures of my daughter. I have a Rebel XTi, but usually just shoot on the green square. I want to learn how to take better pics of my daughter, but feel so overwhelmed with all the info out there. Where should I start learning the basics?
Would love to hear some lunch ideas. I feel like I'm in such a lunch time rut.
Hi, Erin! Happy Birthday! :)
Two things:
1. Can you give us some photography tips? Your pictures are always so sharp! Info on aperture, f-stops, ISO, etc. What setting do you usually have your camera set at? Whatever you are willing to share! Also, how do you interact with your photo subjects? Any tricks?
2. What's that cool photo display I see behind Ephraim's head in today's picture? Do share!!
I love reading your blog Erin. So wished you lived closed so that I could hire you to take family pics!
Michele
Happy Birthday Erin!
I'm excited to look for some of the photography answers to questions people have posed. Instead of that, though, I'll give you a chance to answer some easier questions.
It's evident that you have such an amazing connection with your hubby and best friend, Samantha. So, I'd like to know how you met them. How long have you known them? Samantha, feel free to answer if you're feeling left out. :) I saw you solicitng questions to you on Friday.
I find it's fun to reflect back on how the most important people in our lives (besides our family) came to know us.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend. Best, Nora
Hey Erin!
You just seem to do it all! How/When do you find the time to do everything you do? Do you have any time management/organizational tips that you live by?
Post a Comment