Today we're having a pajama day. Mommy's a little bit bored. I love my kiddos. I surely do love them. And I love lazy time with them. But being inside all day sure can wear a girl out. Amen? But it's rainy and yucky outside and Ephraim had his shots yesterday so we're all laying a little low. So far we've learned to snip with scissors (saw that on the ped's timeline yesterday as a 30 month skill...oops!), colored with markers, made the grocery list, sorted through our sticky notes of names we know, played Hi Ho Cherry O!, watched Sesame Street, played with Buddy-Ro, eaten snack, eaten lunch, played with dolls, played with the dollhouse, gone potty three times (sorry, I just report what happens here people), and still mommy's just a little bit bored. Go figure. :)
We may venture out to the grocery story later if the weather cooperates. Woohoo! And I have all kinds of fun ideas for photos with Sarah this weekend if she and the weather cooperate. So I'll just spend the rest of today planning that in my head.
Until then, here's the mama who's just a little bit bored...
16 comments:
praise you! get that scissor cutting started- i believe that parents have given up on showing their kids anything and think teachers will do it all- i can tell my 3 year olds who have parents that work with them and those that don't!
us too - but i love pj days!
Sorry you are bored. We used to make living room forts with the chairs and blankets and have picnics with our stuffed animals while it rained in California. There's an idea for next time?
I have a photo-question for you. Maybe it will be a good distraction? How do you get your focus SO crisp and clear? I have a Minolta camera and my focus leaves much to be desired. Do you have tricks up your sleeve (or just a really great auto-focus)?
I've got that same focus question... I was thinking about another lens, but I'm going to wait for an answer to this - maybe there's something I can do instead of spending money!
Okay girls, here's something for you to consider. It may not actually be your focus, it may be your sharpening techniques. If you're shooting digitally then you're going to need to sharpen your photos in an photo editing program for print AND for viewing on the web. Those settings will be different. I am far, far, far from a sharpening expert but if you google you should find some good info. Also, Scott Kelby has good info in his books.
One way to check your focus and see if you're truly having a focus problem is to view your photo at 100% in photoshop or whatever you're using. If you're shooting a portrait than view the eye at 100% and see if it's sharp or not. You'll be able to tell if you're getting good focus that way.
Here are a few tips about focusing: learn how to change your focus points and avoid the focus/recompose method. If you're shooting at wide apertures this is going to throw off your focus every time. Once your AF locks then try to move your camera AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE before you actually take the pic. Then hold your breath. I know it sounds silly but seriously, do everything you can do to eliminate camera shake. Those two things alone should help a ton!
I hear ya sister. I get in the same funk some days! I wish the warm weather would get here and STAY!
Erin, your photography is soooo beautiful! I love the photos of Ephraim on the rug, and I'm wondering how you captured such awesome catchlights with him in that position? I'm beginning to think you must have windows on your ceiling! I read your blog all the time just to look at your photographs! Thanks for the inspriation!
well you LOOK great even if you are a little bored. but i LOVE pj days and even before fisher we have at least two a week:) now it's hard to get alla dressed if there's not an official reason to go out and often we're shoving her into clean clothes and out of her pjs at naptime:)
ya...pajama days are fun in theory. by about 9:30, i'm bored. :) great self-portrait! can't wait to see your great weekend ideas come to life!!
Amen! I'm bored, too! It was one of the reasons why I got into photography! Being a stay-at-home mom is one tough job! Maybe for a Mama Monday topic sometime we could talk about rainy day kid activities. I know I could use some fresh ideas!
Ya! A picture of you , thanks
Aunt Lu
dude, if I took a self portrait on pajama day it would NOT be that cute :)
For Nick, any day he doesn't have to leave the house is a PJ day. On the weekends he only gets dressed if he has to go out (sometimes it's just lunch from a drive-thru and then he doesn't bother!). But I'm with you - I need to get OUT even if it's just to walk around in my yard looking at pretty flowers.
Too bad our lazy days didn't overlap. We certainly have them here and after about an hour I'm bored! I'll call you on Monday!
(and yay for wearing your glasses!)
i hear you erin! i work in my home doing daycare. and as much as i love these kids (and my own girls) ... i spend most of my days being bored. lol!
thanks for the tips on focus and sharpening. learning some sharpening tricks has really improved my photos!
Post a Comment