Yesterday when I was getting the mama monday post all pertied up with links and such I found myself (stalling) looking back through the archives of thepigbear. Seeing so many pictures of our day to day life really took me back to little moments between January 2006 and today. And then I realized that I've really gotten away from the kind of photos I used to post. Sometimes I hesitate to put photos here that I think you may not enjoy or that I'm afraid aren't fresh and pretty enough. What I realized yesterday though is that while I really, really love that you guys are here reading (let's add in another "really" just for good measure) the reason I started this blog in the first place was to preserve my family's memories. And, ultimately, that's why it still exists.
So bring on the snapshots!
Just a few snatches of goodness from yesterday...playing memory, painting up a storm, snuggling with brother, cleaning up and hanging out.



27 comments:
Those are great pictures!! That painting looks like so much fun and the "thinker" face on the memory game :)
Erin.....
I feel the same way about the "snapshots". I feel that if I post something that is just plain cute. . .taken with my point and shoot, then I'm cursed by posting something that isn't fresh and crisp and full of color like my normal pictures!!!
Isn't that what a blog is really for? Preserving your day to day memories. I think they are wonderful photos. Those adorable subjects are just what I like to see when I am here reading what you have to say.
I'm definitely not a photographer but I like to try. I, too, realized the same thing that you have....I wasn't including enough everyday pictures on my blog and that was what it was supposed to be about. I changed that quite awhile ago and it makes me so much happier!
Snapshots are the best! Although all my pics are snapshots b/c I just have a point and click!
Everyday kind of pictures are my favorite! Thanks for posting them and I'd love to see more!
Erin, even your snapshots are beautiful! And I'm just happy that you share your life with us since we live so far away, so thanks for posting, whatever it may be! :-)
Oh I get caught up in "is it blog worthy" too....but I also love my snapshots...I say bring em on!!!
I am so glad to see you posting snapshots! They are life.
I LOVE everyday photos. Those are the best. :)
i like to call it "keepin' it real" i'm new to photo elements + have done little tweaking + adjustments but find myself liking the sooc shots better.
I thoroughly enjoy your sense of hurmor and witty banter, and have a great time reading all the tips about different stuff like your "green" post. But I LOVE seeing pictures of those babies!! (And you and the hubby once in a while too!) It's been so great to 'watch' your kids grow from all the way across the country.
i just adore these photos! snapshots are MY FAVE!!!
i love looking back at photos later and seeing which ones tug at my heart--and it's usually NOT the ones of them all posed and pretty, but rather the dirty faces, messy clothes and hair all wonky.....LOVE THESE!!!!
tara
Love love love them!
I was stressing myself out trying to create "blog worthy" pictures. It was too much trying to get the perfect picture of each one of the kids to blog about it. I wasn't finding joy in it any more AND I was missing out on the day to day stuff. So, I too started posting snapshots, and the not-so-perfect-pictures. I'm actually having so much more fun blogging now! And now that I'm using Typepad I can do a Blurb book! I'm so excited!!!
I do have to say that your "snapshots" are pretty much perfect!
I love the snapshots. You do such great work that even they look wonderful. Keep 'em coming.
What a great day of photos! Could anything be sweeter than the one of the Pigbear giving her Buddyro a big old kiss, followed by the one of his big smile (no doubt due to the love of his sister)?
It's so funny that you say that...several months ago (maybe a year now!), you told me it wasn't about the photo, but about capturing the memory. I remember that every time I post an ugly photo, and I try to pass that bit of wisdom on to others. :)
Your "snapshots" are what bring me here day after day. I love your take on the "everyday" You have inspired me to get better snapshots of our little moments. You also inspire me to do more with my kids just to get snapsots of life. It helps me get off my bum and computer and get snappin' thanks for your inspiration.
Thanks for the snapshots. How do you keep the pigbear from being a mess when you are painting? We always have to strip Delaney down to a diaper and paint in the bathtub. I'm a big chicken!
Brandy
Oh wow! Painting inside. It scares me abit! LOL
You have just taught me not be quite so quick to press the "YES I"M SURE I WANT TO DELETE" button on my camera. Just because I wouldn't put it on canvas doesn't mean we won't enjoy looking back at the activites we did 20 years from now. Isn't that what photography is about anyway? Catching the moment in life? Doesn't always have to be a photo shoot (I'm telling myself this). My kids may not HATE my camera as much if I actually bring it out when the FUN is going on too!!
Thank you for the inspiration & I hope to see more of your snap shots!
P.S. I am mess-phobic, but today, because of your Mommy Monday tips, while we were in WalMart I bought a 97 cent table clost and 8 tubs of Playdough. Yes, Maci's first time to play with it (shame on me). I just wish I'd had my camera when she took her first "taste" of the ice cream cone we made! Who can forget the taste of Playdough?!
Okay, even your snapshots are rocking! I guess that's the photographer in you girlie. ;-) I agree, post the memories, it'll make for a fantastic blog book later!
lots of lovin!
Yea! Painting! You are a brave momma to set out all the finger paints.
Love the Memory pics...well, all of them, as usual!
You're super-talented no matter what type of photos you post! Keep 'em coming...
Hi Erin-
I finally have to leave you a comment, because I enjoy reading your blog and LOVE your pictures.
Espcially the Snapshots. You are inspiring me to take more and better pictures.
Thanks for all the tips your share and please keep it coming! Have a blesses day. ;o)
-Sarah
I don't know what your worried about, even your snapshots look better than mine.
I love pics like this!
These are "real"!
They represent ya'll life.
They are awesome, as are all of your photos.
Post a Comment