Three days late but who's counting right? :)
Speaking of counting...check out these stats...
48 total gifts in these increments -
$5.00 (6)
$10.00 (14)
$15.00 (2)
$20.00 (14)
$25.00 (6)
$30.00 (3)
$35.00 (1)
$40.00 (1)
$50.00 (2)
$100.00 (2)
$250.00 (1)
and even these fun increments -
$10.18
$22.00
$14.00 (from the person who tried to squeeze the full $100 out of us! HA HA!)
All totaling $1342.39 (after paypal gets their cut). Which means that after Brent and I round to the nearest hundred the grand total for thepigbear's big give is $1400.00!!!
That number astounds me. You guys are amazing. The power of a generous spirit should never be underestimated.
Here are some of my observations over the last two weeks that warm my heart:
1) These gifts were given without any detailed knowledge of this family's situation or need.
2) From the smallest donations to the largest nearly everyone who gave made some kind of comment to the affect of "I wish this could be more". These are becoming increasingly lean times for everyone and yet, you gave.
3) My sneaking suspicion is that many (if not the majority) of the givers have not downloaded my actions and wouldn't know what to do with them if they did! :)
4) Quite a large handful of givers were names I didn't recognize from this blog or anywhere else. Which spells l-u-r-k-e-r. The idea that someone would come out of the woodwork for the first time to give anonymously blows me away.
So. I'll be bundling all of this goodness into a big fat check and sending it along next week. Back when I had high hopes of possibly gathering a hundred dollars (or maybe 2?!) I thought I could send an anonymous gift card or cashier's check. I'm thinking that might be a little weird now though. :) So I plan to send a brief synopsis of what you guys did and why. I'm not sure I can adequately put it into words but I'll give it a try. And then I'll get back to the business of being crazy camera-wielding mama to that Pi'bears and her Buddy-Ro.
But I'll never, ever forget what you guys did and why you did it. One of the givers summed it up best in her short one-lined message...
because I am blessed...
(And to that I'll add...)
to be a blessing.
10 comments:
I'm so happy for this family, and Deedee you make my heart smile.
-Dave
That is incredible Erin! What a great idea for this family. They are going to be blown away by what you accomplished through us in blogland.
It's because you are so generous that so many people gave. This family is very blessed to have you apart of their lives. Good Job, Erin!
Amen to Megan! Anyone who has you in their life is blessed!!
You make me proud, and your readers are absolutely amazing. I love you. Mom
I don't think you are able to comprehend the impact you have on the lives of those who follow your blog. I don't want to sound like a stalker, but feel I should let you know.
As a recent mother of 2 I look forward to your posts as a needed break from the craziness. I feel relieved to know I am not alone in my challenges and share in your successes, because I have been there too. On top of that you take amazing pictures, have adorable children, and are generous beyond compare. Thank you for sharing your life with people you don't even know and will probably never meet.
You have done such a wonderful thing! It's amazing how generosity spreads. Thank you for being the impetus to that!
Erin,
This family will truly appreciate what you have done for them. I feel fortunate to be able to give, because you never know when you could be in that same situation. I am sure they will appreciate your confidentiality in this trying time for them. God Bless you for helping this family.
My hat is off to you for using your powers and circle of influence for GOOD! This is just so amazing--and I know it will benefit so many more people than the family you have set out to assist. Because generosity like this is infectious. The "feel goods" just can't be contained, and before you know it everyone on your blog who has watched the Big Give unfold will continue to share the love in their own circles.
Thank you!
Erin,
I hope you take a moment to really take in all the words people have written about you and what you do for them. All of the words are so true and you really are a remarkable person. You touch people's lives more than you'll ever know.
I feel like such a putts...I've been so wrapped up in my own life (getting ready for a move) and I totally missed the big give. However, I would like to contribute even though I'm late. Please let me know the best way to do so.
I know you don't hear from us often but you are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for what you do, you inspire us all!
Love, Janelle
Post a Comment