Friday, April 11, 2008

mirror, mirror on the wall

Who's the sweetest babe of all?



So sorry. I just couldn't resist.

I have lots more of these to share but I think I'll wait because there's a little bit of business to take care of. Fun business though. We like to keep it fun here at thepigbear, right?

First of all, the action link yesterday was for some jacked up actions. If you tried to use them you probably got an error code saying something or other wasn't available, right? The link is fixed now so if you downloaded the wonky ones please trash them and try again. So sorry. It's a good thing I don't charge for these, huh?! I think I told you guys from the beginning that I had no idea what I was doing with saving and sharing actions. I'm just out to prove myself right to maintain my stellar record.

Second, Jeanelle started a Flickr group where people can share stuff they've used any of my actions on. I'm kind of afraid to go look...I hope I'm not ruining your lovely, lovely photographs! Anyway, you can check it out and join here. I'm also updating the sidebar with a link.

And finally, WHOA NELLY! Do you see the running total over there in the sidebar for thepigbear's Big Give? (I was pretty flattered when Brent thought it was an actual running total...like I'm some sort of html genius! I actually just hand-enter the new number into my blog code every few hours) I'll keep that info up for two weeks to give anyone who wants to participate the opportunity. And I've decided that instead of sending a check I'm going to purchase a VISA gift card that can be used anywhere that accepts VISA. I want it to be anonymous since this is clearly not my money to give. You guys are so amazing and I'm so inspired that you are reaching out to help a family whose situation you don't even know. Thank you. Truly.

10 comments:

Megan said...

I'm coming back at least five more times today to see that photo. I laughed outloud...maybe a guffah even.

I can't believe how much money you've raised! Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Just something to think about... some of those prepaid Visa's have steep user fees, for instance everytime you swip the card to pay for something it "costs" you. So if you have a $25 card and it cost $3 to use it, you are only getting $22 (unless you use it say three times, then it is only worth $16... so be sure you read the fine print so the family gets the max help...

erin said...

WHOA?! REALLY? Okay, great info. Hmmmm...putting my thinking cap back on.

the larsons said...

Erin, no idea what this family's situation is, but any chance they need any baby/toddler girl clothes? We have an overabundance and could certainly help out in that way, if it makes sense.

erin said...

Oh wow, thanks Marian...but nope. Anyone else need any clothes???

Anonymous said...

What about a gift card for a store like Walmart or Target - some place that carries a wide variety of things so she could get what she needs as far as clothes/food/household goods?

Jeanelle said...

Oh My gosh! That total is AMAZING!
Gives me chill bumps!

We've already had a few join the flickr group! Can't wait to see it grow!

Jodie said...

Hi Erin, I've missed checking out your adorable blog! I'm sure you've heard that Steve is in Iraq. The kids and I just got back after being in CA for a month. It's good to be home. Your little ones are precious and getting so big. Lots of love,Jodie

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Love the picture. He is just adorable!
I applaud you for this big give you are doing. Truly a wonderful thing coming from a big heart!

Anonymous said...

i passed on your "big give" to a few of my friends!! i know for sure one of them donated!
you are awesome!
tara