Anyway, here's our sweet Pi'bears having a tea party in her winter finest. She loves this little teaset she got from her JoJo and Papa for Christmas.


While we're on the subject of that little stinker I figured it's about time for an update on her craziness.
- She's obsessed with all things princess and castle and kingdom. She tells me daily that she's going to meet the prince or that she's doing work in her castle. She even calls herself "Princess Pi'bears" or "Cinderella Lorraine Pi'bears Cobb", neither of which she got from me. Am I some sort of prophetic genius or what?
- Along the same lines, she has a new favorite prayer in her prayer book. Coincidentally (yeah, right) it happens to be situated on the same page spread as a picture of a little girl in bed (a princess) with an angel hovering above (her fairy godmother). Every night without fail she turns right to that prayer and demands that we all "take a look at that." We must fixate on it for a few minutes before we can actually begin the prayer. I recently asked Brent what kind of skewed Christianity we were teaching this child to which he responded, "uh, we took her to Disneyworld on Easter. What do you expect?". We've got some spiritual splainin' to do I think.
- At her insistence we've been listening to Christmas music in the car for the last month. Excuse me, I mean "the songs about KissMiss."
- She's all about playing pretend or in Pi'bearese, "prettytend".
- The girl who carried around a dead cicada for days on end last summer has decided that this summer she's going to be deathly afraid of those. Daily I hear her scream, "Uh-OH! It's ONE OF THOSE! When is Mr. Jason coming???" Yes, she knows the bug guy by name. If he gets rid of our ants once and for all I'm pretty sure he'll be her new best friend.
Just a little glimpse into her spunk and spirit at 2 1/2.
21 comments:
What a cutie pie with her little tea set! So glad you found those babies.
Erin, We haven't been to Disney World yet, but I too have a 2 1/2 year old aspiring princess as well. I mean QUEEN. They say the funniest stuff at this age don't they?!
Our latest:
After dinner Maci walks into the living room, climbs upon her stepstool, and proclaims, "I am Queen Maci! You are Princess Mommy, and this (holding her stuffed Baby Jaguar from Diego)is Princess Baby Jaguar."
Then she pulls up her dress, puts her hand in the back of her Pull-Up (Yes, still in potty training H-E-double hockey sticks) and says "My butt ishes (aka itches)."
Belly laughs! I've started a journal for both my girls so we can appreciate these wonderful moments!
As always, adorable pics!!!
Hey, even Princesses need to startch their boo-tays! :)
She seems so much like Mazie at 2 1/2. Boy that took me down memory lane!
You hid it super well. How did I do?
:-)
Definately a wonder momma of 2...though I don't know if you can officially say Sarah is 2 1/2 until the end of the month...:)
Colleen W.
She only wants Christmas music because she doesn't have a Raffi cd. Run (don't walk) to get Baby Beluga and Banana Phone.
Can you just tell me how you're pronouncing Pi'bears so I can say it right in my head when I read it. Because I always stumble,
a) Pee-bears
b) Pie-bears
c) Other
Erin- I'd love to know what prayer book you are using with Sara.
Thanks for the e-mail! I'm totally loving the list!! Those updates on hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!! :)
Love this post! My daughter will be two in May and is getting into the pretend phase. It's so cute...she talks to her dolls like I talk to her. I'm looking forward to the princess, "all things girly" phase.
I also run straight to my computer after taking pictures. I'm all about instant gratification too!
Since you mentioned cicada's, my youngest (who has a twin brother) was so afraid of them that during that summer she was playing t-ball and she would NOT get out of the car because they were SO LOUD - thank God they won't be back that bad for a few more years.
Jenni, the book I'm referring to in this post is called Prayers for a Treasured Child...
http://www.amazon.com/Prayers-Treasured-Child-Authors-Books/dp/1561483486/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207840058&sr=8-1
There are two others in that series that we have but I couldn't find them on Amazon.
We also have this one
http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Prayers-Christian-Mother-Goose/dp/0448425084/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207840226&sr=1-1
and this one
http://www.amazon.com/First-Prayers-Caroline-Jayne-Church/dp/1405417161/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207840267&sr=1-2
Janalee...GOOD QUESTION! I always hate when I read a novel and I don't know how to pronounce a characters name.
Pi'bears is pronounced just like Pig-bear but minus the "g". So it's a short i as in "igloo". Make sense?
So my answer is c) other. :)
She seems like such a fun little girl! You are so blessed!
i hear you about instant gratificatioN! ha. i almost don't finish the shoot because i want to go look at what i got so far LOL>>>>>i HAVE to edit them ALL right away. even the not so perfect ones...and i try to order them all to be printed too. i don't like the idea of deleting unless they are super bad and non fixable...because i read somewhere that "people are deleting their lives, their history , their details" because it's so easy to just hit delete. and so MANY people dont' even back up or print their photos off their memory cards or even get them on their computer before they delete them to take new ones! what's the point?!
these are such a great find!!! she's so cute and i love hearing all about her! she's so FUN!
tara
By the way, you can't EVER get rid of ants. For every one you kill two more come to haul away the carcass. You just have to try to keep them away from your foundation in hopes they don't get inside. I don't know which are hardier - ants or cockroaches. Luckily I don't have the latter..... Bless "Mr. Mitch" for keeping my ants at bay!
What a spitfire you have! Adorable!
gotta love it! i am def. one of those photographers, tho, i am just too busy half the time and i figure if i got it on my memory card then they are at least there for one day!
totally forgot about tea sets! alla used her cousin's at gramma's house in nov and she loved it! i love that photo! and here's a good princess story...alla has some random cinderella book on CD and the narrator is british, so alla thinks that the fairy godmother is actually called the fairy "gohdmutha." hilarious.
You know what?
I can't WAIT until Sarah is old enough to have her own blog because I'm sure that hers is going to make me laugh as much as her mama's does!
Post a Comment