Friday, April 18, 2008

sun drenched

This is so what I had in mind with the whole start a family, pop out two kids, and stay at home to raise them thing.



Long, lazy afternoons picking leaves off of the trees with chubby, giggly babies playing on blankets.



Siblings who love on each other and squeal in delight at the mere sight of one another.



Babies who bask in the sun without a care in the world.



And dream about taking care of their dear sweet mama one day when she's old and helpless.



Of course, these moments are fleeting.



You know, the idealized ones.



And the halcyon images are peppered in real life with whines and squabbles and "i gotta go potty"s.



But even if reality is not exactly what I had in mind, I still wouldn't trade it.

13 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

What a beautiful reminder of how special it is to be a mom!

Megan said...

You mean, you don't have squeals of delight all day long? Just kidding. Wonderful pictures!

vanessa said...

Love the pictures and story to go along with them!

Susie said...

wait a minute, we have that same picnic blanket- has B folded it into an "e" for ya? Andy did on our first date- I'm totlaly laughing about it right now.

Love your lazy afternoon posts :)

erin said...

Oh yes, Susie, the blue magnet! Man, that thing has made the rounds, huh?!

Amy said...

That is just about the sweetest thing. And I much prefer to remember the sweet moments. . . today, for instance, the hillarious giggles at his Mommy having the hiccups rather than the ferocious crying when I pick him up to leave the B&N train table.

That is such a sweet set of photos!

Amy said...

Oh, and yay for $1000!!! That is so amazing and such a wonderful thing you've organized for a family that dearly needs it.

Kelly Kuntz said...

LOVE this post - I'm counting the weeks until I get to be a mommy :-)

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Congrats on going over $1000!!
Beautiful pictures! I agree-it's what I had in mind too and when it happens it is simply divine.

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty idyllic to me!!

Megan said...

Totally adorable, as always!

PS- I had to google "halcyon." What a prodigious vocabulary you have. :)

Katie said...

Just lovely!

J.J. said...

today i am trying to figure out how to negotiate the outdoors with a go-go-go toddler and a sleepy newborn. hmph.

i recognize that blanket.