Wednesday, April 16, 2008

it's a good thing he's so chill

Because she's in his face all.the.time. The poor kid can't get five seconds to himself. Kinda like mommy...





I sure do love watching her "take care" of him though. She runs to get a burp cloth if he spits and gingerly pats his little mouth. She dashes into his room the minute she hears him fuss and hollers down the hall, "YOU FIX HIS MILK!", as she turns on his mobile and turns off his fan. And she's very quick to let me know if he's a "happybucket" or a "fussybucket". Usually it's the former. But I tell you the truth, bless her heart, too much of that Pi'bears in your face can turn even the happiest bucket into a fussy bucket.

(did you catch my oh-so-Southern use of "bless her heart". See, down here you can say anything about anyone as long as you preface it with "bless her heart." Try it, it really works. You just better not be talking about ME! )

15 comments:

Kristen said...

i love that you took pictures of her taking her care of him, thats so adorable! and HOLY COW..the pigbears big give is out of the park!! Thats so awesome!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that look she's giving you in the last one....gosh mom, can't you see I'm BUSY?!?! HA!

I know what you mean though, Taryn is constantly in Teagan's face. I keep waiting for him to pipe up and say "you're in my space" ;)

Megan said...

Sarah sounds like Mazie was to Jamie and how they are both to Jacob. I bet Jacob and Ephraim would have some good conversations about their big sisters.

mandy said...

I sure enjoyed having them today. Sarah, at one time, piped up with a concerned look and said, "WHERE IS EPHRAIM??" I think she was concerned I had lost him. She was relieved to know he was just napping in the next room :)
..and he definitely was "so chill"..just hanging out watching the girls and having Amelia in his face as well. She was extremely interested in this mini version of herself!

the larsons said...

I can't tell you how many times a day one of us says to Stella to give the baby some space. She has to be in her face constantly!

Can't wait to see you guys next month,

marian

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

My daughter loved doing all of that to my son too, bless her heart! And yes, I'm from the south it that is one of my favorite things to say!

Amy said...

Well, bless her heart, you're so right! I think I'd say "bless his heart" for loving that big sister of his so much. I love that photo of him sitting in that chair all by his lonesome!

michelle johnson said...

I'm a long time lurker... (although I think I've commented once before) just stopping by to say how much I love your blog. Super sweet kiddos you've got there!!!

Anonymous said...

YES - that is SO TRUE (re: Bless his/her/your heart)!!! Northenener in Texas now, and man alive, it really DOES work!

Also, I think God blesses those 2nd children with a "Chill Gene" just 'cause He knows what they're in for : )

Crissy

Anonymous said...

Too cute! She gets her own, real life doll ;) Those two are the best! That whole "bless her heart" southern thing is SO TRUE!!

Neurotic Atty said...

Mommy better watch it -- Sarah looks a little in that last picture like she feels like you're stepping on her baby brother time! ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay I just need to say it bless her heart for doing the pigbears big give - you are truly a gift from God for doing this for that family.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, you're lucky to have the help. Enjoy it before the novelty wears off!!

Anonymous said...

your baby boy has the most beautiful amazing eyes i have ever seen. truly. he's amazing! and your girl is quite darling herself!
tara

J.J. said...

well too much alla can also make a little fish cry:)