Has it been a while? I think it's been a while. Let the randomness begin.
1. For the first time in our 7+ year bff-hood Samantha has forged ahead of me in a technological area: Facebook. I tried to resist her pleadings and her "it's so cool"s for like 30 minutes but then I gave in and joined. And I have to admit, it is pretty cool. So Sam, feel free to reciprocate and admit that blogging is actually really cool too. Even if did take you TWO YEARS to jump on that bandwagon.
2. Speaking of technological bandwagons, I really, really miss Hello. Actually I should say I really, really miss J.J., Amy, and Megan. Hello kept us all connected and now I feel so out of the loop!
3. I have a great idea for the next Mama Monday but I couldn't get my act in gear to make it happen yesterday. And next Monday is Labor Day so I'll have to put it off until September 8th. But then we can all talk about toys with staying power. With birthdays and holidays looming I'm so anxious to hear what items in your home are still getting play from last Christmas/Hannukah. I'll share some fun stuff too!
4. I've been remiss in continuing Daisy's PIF fun that I was the beneficiary of a month or so ago. If you want to help me Pay it Forward you must 1) have your own blog and 2) commit to continuing the PIF by sending gifts (handmade or otherwise - no rules or limitations) to the first three people who leave a comment. Daisy sent me the cutest swingy earrings that I wear no less than three times a week. I love them! Anyone want to play? Leave a comment if you do and be sure I have access to your email address so I know how to get in touch with you!
5. If you didn't notice my "duh" post on Saturday be sure to check it out. And then note that Meghan is still extending 20% off to Pigbear blog readers. Just use the code "Sarah" in the notes to seller when you check out!
6. A biggie that I keep forgetting to mention on this blog: (!!!) If you're local to me (or relatively so) and you're interested in booking a session for holiday cards and gifts then be sure to hop over to my business blog and find all the details of my holiday mini-sessions. I know it may seem early but they're already half-full so don't wait!
7. Random thought for the day: Toto, I don't think I'm a scrapbooker anymore. I used to love scrapping and I viewed each page I made as a sort of love letter to my chilluns. And now with the business and three blogs and a house that demands to be cleaned (the nerve!) oh, and a husband, I just can't seem to make it happen. But I can't seem to part with my things either. So maybe that says something too. Anyway, that's why you've been seeing more sappy expressions of love to my dear ones lately...because I'm not scrapping those feelings like I used to. So I pour them out here and figure I'll let blurb slurp them later. :)
8. I haven't read a book in over 6 months. Wanna know why? My bedside lamp broke and I've been too lazy/indecisive to get a new one. So instead I sacrificed fiction. I do devour the Newsweek when it arrives though. Pretty soon I'll have to do crosswords and wordfinds just to keep my brain cells from dying off.
9. T-15 days until the second annual book club reunion. Rumor has it that over half of us will be in attendance. Woohoo! And I get to fly there on an airplane by myself. Double woohoo! Bring on the layover and the trashy magazines and the tomato juice and the terrible airport sushi!
10. I love Ten on Tuesday.
20 comments:
Fun stuff! I really need to try the 10 on Tuesday thing. Oh, and I'm willing to try the PIF thing. I saw it on another blog a few months ago, and chickened out! I think you have my email address, but if not I'll send it to you again.
PIF sounds like fun...although I don't get very many comments on my blog so the same people would always be receiving gifts from me. Good for them I suppose. Surprised to see that you only have one comment so far so I thought I would drop you a HEY! I agree that the scrapbooking thing is harder now with more kids and life...I don't know how I use to manage. Like you, I can't part with my supplies. I'll send you my email ASAP. thanks
I miss you on hello too. You can chat on facebook if the other person is online. It's at the bottom right of the screen. I haven't tried it yet though. If it makes you feel better about scrapping, I haven't scrapped on page of Jacob's life yet. It gets harder with each child to make that be on the priority list. I'll do the PIF thing. Sounds like fun. Maybe it will get people to actually leave comments on my blog when they visit!
Love the 10 on Tuesday.
Wow! I was also thinking about the same. I used to scrapbook a while back (my first daughter's 2 1/2 years of life) but now there is no time for any of it. So I am doing the same, I blog about my daughters milestones, daily life or our family and I would like to make a blurb book at the end of each year.
btw, What do you recommend a 8x10? or 7x7? how would my pics look better? thanks,
If you're looking for a good book, you must read The Shack. It is an awesome christian book. I just read it and it was wonderful. You must pass it on to another after your done, though. Get your tissues...
The PIF idea is fantastic. I'm a new blogger though so I'm not sure I have enough readership like you do!
Maybe another Mama Monday idea since you spoke of books could be books for the Mommy's?
instead of HELLO try YAHOO INSTANT MESSENGER! you can share photos on it now! it's way COOL! i miss talking to JJ on HELLO also! it's been awhile!
tara
PIF sounds good but not sure how it works- looks like i'm not in the top 3 as well- but if you need someone, i'm interested!
Hey Erin,
Hope you don't mind but I added ya to Facebook :)
I love reading this blog!
-Candice St.Onge
Erin ~ have you tried digital scrapbooking? I stopped paper scrapping a few years ago when I started getting in to photography, but I'm with you (about not being able to part with it). I have, however, started making photo books in Photoshop. Fun and addicting! But I'm sure you probably already do a lot of that with your photography business. Just a thought, although, I know the blog serves as a "scrapbook" for you as well. I'd love to do that myself, but just can't get it off the ground. Sigh.
oh man i miss you too! i've been wanting to share pics from a session with you but it's SO hard on email, not the same, you know?
anyway, on an airplane by yourself??? sheesh. i think it will be YEARS for me but when i do go it will be WELL WORTH IT (read: SPA!!!)...
and yeah scrapping gets harder with the second...i was all over it the first few months and have been slacking lately...there's just NOT ENOUGH TIME!
really? Just 15 more days?! Whoo-hoo!! I'd better start getting ready!
I love your ten on tuesday so much, I did my own last week on the blog. it's a great way to get out all those random things swirling around my mind! off to look you up on facebook. I signed up last week for the first time. it's crazy hearing from elementary school friends again... -elizabeth
Facebook...it has become my downfall. I have one word for you: Flair. It's dangerously addictive, but oh so fun.
I feel like such a nerd asking, but can I add you as a friend on Facebook? I love love love your blog!
i just requested you as a facebook friend. . .samantha is right....it's a little addictive. . .
and anywho, we both know that our kids' naptime is precious, and i try not to spend too much time on there!!! happy wednesday!
Yay for PIF'ing Tina, Stacy, and Megan! I'll get in touch with you guys via email to get your addresses and I'll send you something fun in the next few weeks! :)
Valeria, I have the 7x7 book. Because I resize all my pics for the web I found that I couldn't increase the size of them in the book by much so the 7x7 suit my needs. It's small but I actually really like it!
Jenn, I have heard of the Shack and keep meaning to pick it up. I need a lamp first though!
Good idea Jenny, I'll add it to the list.
Tara, I'll definitely give yahoo im a try...thanks for the heads up about the pictures...that's the thing I really loved about hello!
Thanks for friending me on Facebook you guys!
I'd love to film you and produce something similar to what we did for Katy. We could do it in Huntsville or do it here. Which would you prefer?
I broke down and joined Facebook too (and I think I might have invited you to be my friend -- we'd e-mailed a few times over a potty book and your grocery store template). Anyway, if you get a friend request from Lauren, that's me. I think I invited everyone that it found in my address book to be my friend! Hopefully one or two will say yes I'll be popular. :)
Hi Erin :-).
I sent you an e-mail, I hope you received it.
I am officially "caught up" on your blog...yes, I went back and started in 2006.
How fun.
I am hooked, thanks for sharing your life with us :-)
Nicki Winger
Post a Comment