Thursday, August 21, 2008

weird little diva.

Somewhere her Aunt MayMay is bursting with pride at this ensemble.





Much to my sister's chagrin I've always been more of the "it doesn't matter how you look, it's how you feel" school of thought. In fact, I can clearly remember my five year old self saying those exact words to my extremely fashion-savvy older sister when I tried to leave the house wearing red and pink...(GASP!)...TOGETHER.

So Sarah has to be channeling her Aunt May May because this flamboyance certainly didn't come from her mother.

16 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

True diva indeed! In the first pic, she's doing the enthusiastic "OK, you can take my picture" smile. In the second pic, it's more the "I'll be polite and smile for one more shot" smile. And in the third one, she's clearly getting tired of the "papparazzi." I think you were "this close" to getting a Starbuck's skinny mocha latte thrown at your camera. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wait till they get a little older and she tries dressing her brother like that! :) (is that the sound of Brent cringing that I hear?)

~amber~ said...

So adorable! Emma is at this "stage" right now too. :) The other night she came out of her bedroom wearing a pink/green pettiskirt, blue Superstar hoodie, an old Gary Allan lanyard of mine that she found in the office, a flip flop on one foot and an Ugg-like boot on the other and her Dad's Tennessee ballcap on backwards. These moments are priceless!

Marci said...

That is so adorable. My sisters name is Megan and my daughter calls her Aunt Mey Mey.

Amy said...

I love how she's posing for you, quite the diva! And for the record, I think you always look fabulous... casual but fabulous. I always think to myself, "what would Erin wear with this shirt?"

Samantha said...

Oh, they surely are BFF's.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I would totally wear that if my son and husband would leave the house with me in it!

Seriously, it's the cutest thing I've seen in some time!

Anonymous said...

whoo! that girl's got some spunk!!!

Joey said...

I especially like the boots...are they on the wrong feet? If so, that just tops off the outfit.

Susie said...

If you haven't already, you need to pick up some Fancy Nancy books- Sarah just reminds me SO much of her right now :)

Meghan said...

LOVIN the outfit! Definitely feelin my girl's fashion flare...although I DO see some pink and red in there TOGETHER, so she's still got some of her mama in there too...lol...
Thanks for the credit...
PS I thought for sure you were gonna link the etsy shop...dang. ;)

Megan said...

Sarah does have something going on there! What a cutie with all the attitude in those pictures.

Colleen said...

What a fantastic outfit! And she looks thrilled to be wearing it!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love the boots, the flufy tutu, and the wonderful choice of accessories. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

L: "What is Sarah doing?! What is Sarah doing?!"
P: "Sarah's dressed up.
How does she look?"
L: "Sarah look pretty...Who is that?"
P: "That's baby Ephraim."
L: "Ephraim playing with toys?"
P: "Okay...he probably is."
L: "I see Chacha please! Lily see Chacha please!"...[scrolling down a few post to see Brent]...
L: "AAAHHHH, there's Chacha!!"

Jeanelle said...

That's just hilarious!