Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what a difference a year makes

Last year, same girl, different house, different school.

This year, same girl, different house, different school. Oh, and no tears this time. Only jubilation and the sweet smell of 8 hours a week of freedom. (well, from that Pi'bears at least. The B-Ro is another story.)



Oh, wait, that isn't what you came here for? You want to know who WINS? Ahhh...I see.

Here you go:

Aunt H said...
First time commenter....(sort of) long time lurker! :-)Well, I don't have any kiddos yet but I HOPE to make my own baby food, use cloth diapers, all that. Right now I recycle, take my own bags to the grocery store, bike/walk to places whenever possible (it's harder in the 'burbs!), drive a fairly fuel efficient car...I know I could be better, though. I give myself maybe a 3 or 4?P.S. Your kiddos are SO incredibly cute!
1:20 PM

For the record I tallied up all the comments from yesterday's posts as well as the comments from the previous post that were made AFTER I announced the contest. I think there was some confusion about where to comment. So I came up with 97 commenters, plugged those in to random.org's random number generator and it spit out #27. So "Aunt H" email me (link's in the sidebar) and I'll hook you up with the people at Diaperaps for your coupon code!

Before I end this though I just have to regale you with some of my favorite quotes from the comment section:

For the record, I am NOT a poopaphobe (although I cannot count myself a poopaphile either)

The other 2.5 is because I shower daily, I don't wear patchouli, I haven't/didn't follow The Dead for a summer, and the colors of my wardrobe, while limited, go beyond brown and green.

I'm probably as crunchy as a gummi bear.

When I was in junior high I signed all my notes to friends "Lady Katherine Granola Bar," which was intended to reflect my crunchy-geeky-hipster self.

...but if Samantha thinks she's a 4 than I must be crunchier than I thought cause that's one of the last adjectives I'd use to to describe her!

So I think I'm probably closer to soggy. I try my best, but compared to granola I'm probably cream of wheat. But I'm working on becoming oatmeal. Then I can move to Corn Flakes. Hopefully sometime soon I can dream of being granola. But for now I have to settle for eating it instead of being it.

Oh you guys make me laugh!

Thanks for playing...I'll try to work on another one of these soon!

9 comments:

Daisy said...

All that talk of crunchy made me very hungry...

So when I saw this, I'd thought I'd share it over here in Erin's comments:

http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/babies-children/wrapnmat-from-reusablebagscom-060083

I use sandwich baggies a bunch (but they're annoying to rinse out, and one of the comments in this section made me think that biodegradable wax paper might be a good way to go.

Either way, thanks, Erin, for keeping us all on our crunchy toes and for sharing the cloth diaper love!

Amy said...

Sarah is just such a beautiful girl! I love those photos of her. . . and, oh my, she's looking so old. The long hair, the grown grown-up confidence. Sigh. Enjoy your 8 hours!

erin said...

oooh, Daisy, very cool. Adding that to my favorites list.

Neurotic Atty said...

Good grief, she looks so grown up! I love her little hair bow, very girly!

Samantha said...

I already sent Amy a STRONGLY WORDED email about her nasty comment.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about Sarah's first day!! I hope she makes lots of new friends. Enjoy your semi-free time!!!

Megan said...

I can't get over the difference between Sarah last year and then this year. She looks so much older. So pretty though, as usual.

Jennie said...

ohhh...something to make us a little crunchier when we don't have time to make our own baby food. where was this when ryan was still a wee one? :-)

http://www.happybabyfood.com/index.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erin. It was great reading the comments and wonderful that you got Diaperaps to donate! They've always been oustanding with customer service when I call, so customer service is another way I "sell" diaperaps when I tell people about them!

When I told Matt I was doing cloth, he wasn't thrilled. So, I just told him I'd leave a stack of disposables up there for when he changed diapers. He never used them though because he realized it wasn't that bad!