Just when I think Sarah has pushed me to the limit she'll bust out with some tidbit of hystericalness that prevents me from selling her to gypsies...this time.
Like just the other day when we were strolling toward the commissary and I was insisting that she hold my hand and she looked dead into my eyes and said, "watch it buster."
Oh Lord.
Now I have been saying "watch it buster." for going on 10 years to the daddy in this house whenever he gets out of line. And believe me, that's often. Guess I didn't realize there was a two year old lying in wait, itching for the opportunity to hurl it back at me.
And for some reason, that's all I can think about when I look at this shot.

watch it buster.
15 comments:
Hahaha! So cute! I can't wait to teach little dude slang stuff like that to say to mama!
So not only are you an incredible photograher, but you ALSO have the gift to perfectly describe the nature of a 2 year old.
Oh boy, she got you! I'm glad someone else feels the same way as I do about my 2 year old. Phew.
Lucas, look at you calling my bluff with the whole "guys never comment on this blog" thing! =) Good luck with the baby on the way!
oh my.
here's what mine said to me lately when we were waiting for her to come upstairs for dessert:
"I'll be up there soon. Does it look like I'm upstairs yet? No, it doesn't."
WHAT?!?!?!
Oh J.J.!!! OH man.
That's even better than Sarah COUNTING at me the other night. As in "1...2...3(!!!)...YOU GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" Oh man. They need to fire those mean mamas they hear these things from, I swear.
oh wow! that is funny, but I know my day is coming with my daughter so I wont laugh too hard!
Haaaaa! I can't stop laughing. It's only the beginning to these funny sayings. You will realize really how much you do say and they figure out how to use it the right way so fast.
So your line about selling her to gypsies stopped me dead in my tracks. Had to run in and tell hubby... From the day Emma was born, and she was terribly fussy in the hospital, we started talking about how we were going to sell her to gypsies. Don't know where we got it, but we said it for at least a couple years. People still bring it up because others found it highly amusing. :) We never said it with Ethan. He was such a good little baby, never needed to threaten him with such things.
Just had to comment about that... Never heard anyone else say it. :)
And thanks for making me feel not so alone with my kiddie frustrations. :)
Don't feel bad...When Nick was about that age I sent him to his room once and told him he was on a time out and he said "I don't wanna be on a time out" and went back to what he was doing. It took me by such a surprise that I almost burst out laughing!!
OMGosh.....that is priceless.
too funny.
You are so right that those famous sayings out of the adults mouth will come back to haunt you when you least expect it. By the way Erin, you were being talked about yesterday - I was at the old CKV and was talking with Mindy Cline and your name came up because my youngest daughter (Rachel who is 8) is getting a new grad this year for a teacher and I was bragging that I hope we would have another great experience like the one we had when you were a new grad.
priceless!
ROFL!!! sarah is so darn cute.
i have 3 nieces that could fill books full of funny sayings. love, love, love it!
Post a Comment