Sunday, August 10, 2008

team U.S.A.

Oh how I love the Olympics. The opening ceremonies, the one-athlete countries, the national anthems, the tear-jerking stories - it all gets to me. Last night I had to remove myself from the living room in a flurry of tears proclaiming I'm just too emotional for the Olympics. I'm sure tonight will find my behind in the same comfy dent on the couch though.

We kicked off the 08 games with a group of our old neighbors. Dinner was all-American food - (oven) fried chicken, mac and cheese, baked beans, watermelon, sweet tea, chocolate cookies, and apple pie all the way baby! And it was gooooood.




Before they all came over Pi'bears was waiting anxiously for them on the stoop so I grabbed a few shots. The color is totally off but the sentiment remains the same.





This one may be some sort of "veiled" political statement. You never know with Sarah. As you may remember she tends to have some strong political ideas...



At any rate, she loves her country.



She just doesn't know it yet.

Go USA! =)

9 comments:

Megan said...

I totally am with you on the emotions of the olympics. During the opening ceremonies, I think I used a whole box of tissues. Nothing else gets to me like the olympics. The athletes just go through so much to get there. We are cheering on USA with you!

Anonymous said...

We are olympic obsessed at our house. My husband literlly has tunnel vision with the TV right now.

Anonymous said...

fun fiesta! didn't you love all the drums in the opening ceremonies? they were my favorite part.

by the way, your living room looks fab in yellow! so happy!

Anonymous said...

There are some synchronized divers from Santa Cruz - they just went as I sat down to check your blog. Pretty cool when you have a local there!

Stephanie said...

awwwww..... I think the color is spot on =) Love it!

Neurotic Atty said...

She loves her country...and her "cash monies." Every time I've seen an Obama commercial in the months since you posted that clip, I've thought of Sarah. Oh, and how cute is Michael Phelps with that impossibly long and toned torso? I could eat him with a spoon.

Shana-Lynn said...

The Olympics are so much fun to watch!

Jodi said...

I *heart* the Olympics too. Ever since I was a kid. In fact, my mom recorded a special called Sixteen Days of Glory during the 1984 Olympics and it was pretty much my favorite "movie" for years. Oh Mary Lou Retton, how I wanted to be you.

Best opening ceremonies. Ever.

Miller Mommy said...

We are Olympic obsessed at our house right now!! We were going to TIVO them but there are three channels covering 8-9 hours a piece...there goes our TIVO hard drive...so alas we are totally sleep deprived cause we don't want to miss anything in the evenings!

I love the pictures!! Such a cutie!