I've taken to describing my friends in different ways and the best thing I can think to call my book club girls is "heart friends". They know me. They accept me. They love me. They're not afraid to tell me when I'm full of, well, IT. I miss them more than I can put into words. I miss who I am when I'm with them. Six of us just spent the weekend together and I'd write more about it if I weren't already getting choked up for missing them. A few pictures will have to suffice.
Brandy, Susie, and Jodi - you'll get more details on the portal!







Even though our sweet baby A is featured in several of these shots, this was actually a baby-free weekend (for the most part!). And being that five of the six of us are mommies of under two year olds that's no small feat. Which means a HUGE SHOUT OUT has to go to our husbands for making this happen. Collectively they rebooked tickets, were stranded in airports, kept multiple children, missed important meetings, drove hours with babies in the car, and (most importantly!) went without their incredibly hot wives for 72 hours. Check out that first picture again. I mean, come on, that couldn't have been easy. =)
Miss you girls.
12 comments:
I heart all of you! Wonderful weekend and I so miss you so much already (and I've been in my house for less than 20 minutes!).
Thank you so much to the Daddies/hubbies and to you, Erin, for the great pictures!
this makes me all sniffly thinking about how much i miss my colorado playgroup/book club friends... they came to see me in california in february, and it was the perfect weekend. except for that then they had to go home : (
Welcome back girls! I'm glad you made it back safely and no one got arrested. Or did they?
Thanks for the wonderful pictures Erin. Love you all "heart friends"
I =heart= all of you, too :)Thanks, Erin, for the great moments captured here. And, yes, a giant shout out to the Daddies!!
Looks like you all had a great time! I envy all of you getting to spend a whole 72 hours together!! My 'heart friends' and I have a hard enough time coordinating an afternoon to shop and we don't have little ones any more!
love the pictures- what a gorgeous group of women! glad to see it was fun- was thinking about you this weekend knowing you were back with all your "girlies"
What a great weekend you guys had! Working that get-together with kids has got to be hectic but I am sure very worth it! Having such a great group of women you call your friends is such a wonderful thing.
Good Job for the daddies, too!
:-)
I'm sick I miss you all so much.
I'm so glad you got to go and visit your friends. I hate having to move away from close friends..it rips a bit of your heart out.
That's the hard thing about being away from close friends (or heart friends). That's a great way to put it. Good job, Dads! It sounds like a lovely weekend.
Erin,
you are so blessed to have such wonderful friends (and to share your stories with us).
Post a Comment