Wednesday, September 19, 2007

more from the beach

Besides my book club weekend I had another treat while down at the beach - getting to watch my niece Lily for four days! She's nine months now (WHERE does the time go???) and sweeter than ever. She bear crawls all over the place and keeps a grin plastered on her face just about 24 hours a day. Love that girl.

Sarah had quite a time practicing big sisterhood. Every other minute she alternated between being hopelessly smitten with Lily and exasperated by her babyness. That Pi'bears definitely tried my patience with her shouts of "no!no!no!", taking toys from Lily, and the way she would find Lily's favorite toy and follow her around playing with it. Ugh. Is this seriously what I'm in for? God help me.

There were definitely some shining moments of sharing though...


At the end of one of our babysitting days I loaded Sarah up, grabbed some Chick-fil-A ("chickapay") and headed to the beach for a picnic. A couple of seagulls took notice of us and in my ongoing motherly quest to make all experiences educational and thrilling I decided to toss a few scraps of my sandwich to the birds, figuring Sarah would be delighed. Um, bad idea. Especially at the beginning of our picnic. We ended up dining among 100+ squawking rats with wings. So lovely. Learning something new everyday, right?

Another thing I learned that day is that I have a loooong way to go with my evening beach photography. Did get this shot that I love though...



Coming soon: a house update! with pictures!

23 comments:

starfitch said...

Goodness, look at those flowing tresses! That is a great picture.

Jen said...

That last picture of Sarah is stunning. It looks like a painting. Wow!

Shannon K. said...

Well, I don't know about the rest, but that beach picture is mighty spectacular. :)

J.J. said...

that's a beautiful one of miss sarah! can't wait for the house pics!

Anonymous said...

Lily is so cute and getting so big. I can't believe she is already 9 months.
I'm already feeling sorry for Rocket Boy he'll have Sarah and Lily to boss him around...poor guy!

Shana-Lynn said...

That last picture is to die for! I think you should enter that in a (photo) contest. Are you eligible for the next BabyGap casting call??

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Love the picture of Sarah on the beach.

Lisa said...

I love your beach pic. Her hair is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that beach pic of your BIG girl! Had to laugh about the birds....we would NEVER intentionally feed the seagulls growing up!
Colleen W.

Neurotic Atty said...

LOL...no, you're in for much worse! You're in for 24/7 of "no!no!no!" and "that's mine!" and "don't touch that!" But you'll love every minute of it. I love the beach picture, by the way.

The Runyans said...

gorgeous erin.....

Anonymous said...

If I were you I would get a canvas done of that picture of Sarah. Shutterfly does an awesome job. Great job, Mama! Mommies always take pretty pix of their kiddos.

Megan said...

That's a gorgeous picture of your pretty little girl. And, yes, that's what you are in for. However, there are going to be moments of love and sharing that make the not-so-great time invisible. There will be a bond between those two that is priceless.

Janice said...

All the "no no no's" will definitely NOT outweigh the moments when Sarah and her baby brother share a giggle and a laugh.

May I just say how gorgeous Sarah's beach picture is? I love everything about it, the composition and conversion is just perfect!

P.S. Chick-Fil-A rules!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah! She's adorable.

Jennie said...

Great pics! We had a similar seagull experience once in St. Pete - NEVER AGAIN! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great shot of Sarah! Just beautiful. I know what you mean about worrying with a toddler and a baby...I worry more every single day! Can't wait to see house pics too :)

Colleen said...

Sweet pictures, Erin... I'm glad you all had such a good time...

Anonymous said...

That picture of Sarah at the beach is beautiful. I was thinking about you last week when we were looking at the photography at the fair. You really should enter photography contests, you'd blow them all out of the water. take care.

Anonymous said...

WOW Erin! You have a budding model on your hands!!! You should most definitely look for a contest to enter that picture!

liz said...

I think Caroline said it best :)

Susie PSU said...

You crack me up with the seagull story! What fun pictures.

Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing!