Friday, September 07, 2007

getting there

Somewhere in all the boxes and piles we've found a small slice of "normal".

Dinner together...(check out her corn on the cob(b) style!)





Making messes... (she was threatened with not getting to go to Mrs. Mandy's house if this wasn't all cleaned up and, buddy, it was done in under 30 seconds!)



snack time during Sesame Street...



We still have a long way to go with the house but I'm trying to just relax, breathe deep and tell myself that it WILL get done. Eventually. In the meantime, I still have a baby to grow and a toddler to raise. And that's the most important thing, right?

22 comments:

Colleen said...

It's looking REALLY good.. From the pictures it looks like you've lived there a while... and the interior of the house looks awesome, I'm excited to see it!

Susie PSU said...

The baby and the toddler are DEFINITELY the most important things, besides taking care of YOU. Your house will get done. Eventually. Until then, I'm glad you guys are somewhat back to normal!

Kimberly said...

Definitely looks like you guys are right at home in your new home!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are on the road to a fully decorated house! Not to mention filling it with babies too ;).

mandy said...

I sure am glad Sarah got that messed cleaned up! We enjoyed her visit.:) The rug looks nice!

Megan said...

A little bribery goes a long way!

Amanda said...

Looking good! Love the corn shot!!!

liz said...

D has as new mantra for me:
Lots of things to think about,
Nothing to worry about.

Can I chage it to:
"Eventually" is good enough.

AND:
They wouldn't call it "good enough" if it weren't actually GOOD.

Anonymous said...

Aw i love the second picture with her reflection in the table.

J.J. said...

right.

Amy said...

Of course that's the most important thing :-)

And from your pics, it's looking pretty good. Just relax and enjoy it!

Gina said...

The house looks GREAT! And Sarah is such a big girl, can't wait to see a new little one in that house and in your arms. Save time to relax...the mess can always be cleaned up later :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, what you doing?

Sarah made big mess.

Sarah naughty!

erin said...

Ditto Caroline!

The Sarah Bear said...

Do you ever take snapshots?! LOL! You just amaze me, you are so naturally beautiful the way you live.

Admiring always.

Anonymous said...

the mess will always be there, take time to relax and enjoye Sarah before the new Mr. Cobb arrives

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Trina said...

I have been a lurker for a while now! Love your blog. But can you email me and tell me what lense used to get these shots on this post... They are great!!

Stephanie said...

The house is looking great! And how in the heck do you keep it so clean??!! Good grief. LOL....

I think your website looks fantastic!!! Very clean... I actually think the winklets are great & you know what? No one from here knows that they are - so I'm not really worried about it =) Everybody thinks I'm a html genius or something, haha! Good job though.

erin said...

Trina, I used the 50mm/1.4 on these shots. Check out the link in the sidebar titled "your questions, anwered" for more photography related info!

Stephanie, yep, we're geniuses! =)

the larsons said...

There is something hilarious about kids eating corn on the cob. (Or cob(b), as the case may be.)

Bit of trivia: Marian's uncle eats one row of corn at a time, sort of like he's typing on a manual typewriter. That cracks me up!

erin said...

Eric, it's funny you should mention that because I actually have a small fascination with how people eat their corn on the cob(b). I've only met one other typewriter eater and I was IN AWE! The random biters are pretty scary to me...and that's the category Sarah falls in right now!