Thursday, July 31, 2008

more fam stuff

Last Wednesday my Aunt Lori coerced my entire family into packing up and heading out for a day in Monterey. Of course this wasn't a big deal for my family and Meghan's but getting my Grama and Grandpa out of the house and on a day trip is pretty impressive.

Our first stop was the Monterey Bay Aquarium which I hear is one of the top ten family attractions in the United States. Well, at least according to their brochure. I'm sure it's a really lovely place but we wouldn't really know since the girls seemed to only be entertained by the slide in the kids' area. I guess that's not entirely true - Sarah seemed to really enjoy the paper towels they stock as well. At 26 bucks a pop I'm just thankful my Aunt Lu was able to hook us up with free tickets! :)






(see more of this cute fam later today on the business blog)

Here we are waiting to round up all the troops for the trek back to the car. My grandpa kept complaining that he didn't want to look at any fish he couldn't eat. Crazy old man. (said in the most loving way possible. He's a nut.)




Brent grabbed a shot of the B-Ro and me hanging out. Ephraim with his signature ring finger suck and me with my signature head tilt and canned smile. Leave it to the photographer to have the cheesiest picture face ever. I'm a one-trick pony I tell ya.



After misguiding my grandparents four uphill blocks out of the way on the walk back to the car (oops!) we headed to Dennis the Menace park. This place ranks in my top three favorite childhood memories for sure. If you're ever in the area you absolutely must go. If you don't, you're depriving your children of one of life's greatest play places. It's totally your choice.

I wish I had more pictures to show you but I was too busy shuttling that Pi'bears back and forth between the playground and the bathroom. I'll leave it at this: if you do ever go to Dennis the Menace park, don't use the girls bathroom. I'm sure her nasty stomach bug will still be living there.

The good news is in true Pigbear-style she barely even knew she was sick...



(oh yeah, don't let your kid use that megaphone thingy either.)

picnic at the park...



crazy grandpa...



and fun Aunt Lu...



Stay tuned tomorrow for the last CA post. I know most of you slack off on Friday but I promise it'll be a good one. Friday is party day!

9 comments:

Samantha said...

(re: the Erin/Ephraim picture) Miss Erin is pretty. I love that picture. - Caroline

(re: same picture) I love your shirt. Whatever about having no time/money/fashion sense. Stop shopping without me.

Anonymous said...

How could you forget that Dennis the Menace Park was also the location of Sarah's first use of a urinal? Ah, memories.

Daduh

Anonymous said...

I want to see one of Aunt Lu coming down the slide! And the one with you and E is very sweet - you always look great. Can't wait to see the party pics!!! How did the family picture turn out? It looked great from where I was watching.

erin said...

Sam - 75% off at the bX and I didn't even try it on. And both the hooligans were with me. Sound like fun to you? I miss you.

Brent some things are better left unblogged. (yeah right)

I'll share fam pics tomorrow, Jennifer!

Megan said...

I have to agree that Monterey in general is fabulous. I love the Dennis the Menace park. It truly is a place you just have to see if in the area. The girls loved it that last time we were there. Also the aquarium is really worth the price. Did they still have a great white shark? It's supposed to be the only aquarium to have one in captivity.

Samantha said...

Some things never change.

Jenelle said...

Awww...My 2 year old still sucks her ring finger! Love it :)

Lori Grimes said...

That was a fun day! Can't wait to do it again in 2010! Thanks for the memories.

Katie said...

I love the picture of the two of you...cheesy smile and all. And cute top by the way, just read where you got it. That's hilarious!