
Papa got a new boat! Sarah is a fan.

Me and my girl. For the record, I clearly didn't take this but the watermark stays. =)

Carting my girls around in a wheelbarrow. I needed to do about 37 more laps with that sucker to work off the brats, chips, chess pie, and ice cream I feasted on for three days straight but, whatever. We're celebrating freedom, right? And nothing says freedom like, "pass me another piece of pie."

Can I stop for a minute and just tell you guys how cute my sweet niece Lily is? She learned to say "Lily's turn!" while we were there and if you could die of exposure to cuteness I'd already be 6 feet under. Oh.my.goodness. Hearing her shout "Lee-Lee'th TURN" less than half a second after handing said object to Sarah for a turn of her own sent me into fits every time. I love that girl.
Not sure what Papa is doing here but if I had to venture a guess I'd say he's teaching Ephraim to play "bull". I have no idea how you play bull. I just know it's Papa's favorite game and it involves some sort of hands and knees pose like this one.

And my favorite pics of the weekend (besides maybe the ones you'll see tomorrow)...
The daddies feeding the fish with their sweet baby girls...




15 comments:
Such a great time! Love all the photos. . . I'm assuming it was Brent that did such a great job on those with you.
And I can't quite tell, but is Ephraim chewing on a block of wood or is it a graham cracker?!?
Looks like you had so much fun! The first picture is totally a Pi'bear face@@
I know that face in the first picture, but it's on the wrong kid.
Looking good, girlfriend. :)
I was wondering the same thing as Amy about the block of wood! Great pics - looks like you all had a great time. I'm so jealous!!! Sure wish I had a place like that to escape to. Hooray for freedom indeed!!
Looks like a great 4th!!! And i haven't had Chess pie in YEARS I need to find a recipe!
Fun photos and memories. I love the 1st pic--it really is a Sarah face!
Thanks to cousin Sarah for teaching Lily some new tricks. Lily and I made Oatmeal cookies yesterday and she did a great job of saying "Lee-Leeth turn" when mixing and..hold onto your hat..saying "Mommy's turn" to let ME stir. Thanks Sarah!
As always, such beautiful pictures! It looks like you all had such a wonderful holiday weekend! And if THAT'S what you look like after stuffing yourself all weekend...honey, I couldn't fit my ankle into your pants!
Great pictures as usual Erin! Looks like a great time was had by all!! The daddy-daughter pics are super cute!! I just thought of a Mama Monday question for you if you get the chance: traveling with your little one(s). Your family seems to do a pretty decent amount of traveling??? Do you have any mama tips for road trips, flights, and just general w.o.w's (words of wisdom) for traveling away from home with the wee ones? We are thinking of taking our first loooong road trip with our 7 month old boy and it will be his first time away!!
Thanks!
Mary V
I like it when you show up in the pictures and post them!! :)
Such a beautiful mama and oh yes, that first picture of E totally reminds me of a young Sarah!
Dear lord, that is a pigbear face! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. So nice to see pics with you in them!
BTW, what is chess pie?
Yep - that's a Pi'bear face!! Love the pics you got from the Fourth. Looks like a fun weekend. :)
I like seeing you in the pictures! I love the daddy/daughter ones, too...you guys need to stop by our house next time you go to see his folks so we can catch up...
...and by the way, if I had your figure (like I took for granted back in the day) I would be eating that WHOLE chess pie!!! :) You look great, it makes me inspired to try to stay on my diet!
Love your pictures!! Looks like a great 4th!!
What is Chess pie? I have never heard of that one before. Is it a southern thing?
Thanks for all the kind comments you guys! Here is a wikipedia link for chess pie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_pie
I had never had it until a few months back at my friend Margaret Day's house. She made Chocolate Chess Pie and it was DE-licious. We actually had chess squares on the fourth...and they were equally as yummy! Google it and you'll find lots of recipes.
I can't resist posting this quote- I love it and sadly, it has some truth:
You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck
Post a Comment