Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ladies and Dave, meet Jennifer.

Okay, so Dave already knows Jennifer but since the rest of you male readers refuse to come out of the woodwork I had to leave off "gentlemen". I know who you are...your wives give you away. I may just have to start naming names. ;) HA!

So I know we have lots of Jennifers that comment (and Megans and Kims and Amys and Heathers...) but there is one Jennifer that out-comments all of you. More than once I've heard the question, "who's Jennifer?" and now I finally get to show you!

Jennifer has been my Aunt Lori's BFF for years and years and years (like 25+). She's known me from the time I was itty bitty and whenever we're all together you can bet one story is going to come up. It was my Aunt Lori's 21st (?) birthday party at my grandparents house. My grandparents are known for throwing some kickin' parties...more on that later this week. Aunt Lori and Jennifer were, um, not feeling well in the morning so Meghan and I took it upon ourselves to drag a big trash bag around the yard, cleaning up, um, beverage containers. I think I was 4. And the story always ends with this line, "...and then when we woke up DeeDee (me) said, 'it looks like evwybody in the wooold was here...' ". I hear that story every.time. It still makes me smile. It's nice to be remembered as the sweet kid who cleaned up all the...beverage containers.

So check her out. Jennifer's the one on the far left, followed by Aunt Lu, Becky, and Kim - the other BFFs. I got the chance to photograph Becky's granddaughter too while I was out there and after you pick yourself up off the floor where I'm sure you've fallen in disbelief over the idea that that gorgeous lady has a grandchild, you can go check her out on my business blog. (diagram that sentence, wouldya?) She's the first baby in this post. There's other good stuff there so feel free to stay awhile and look around. :)



Now if anyone comments before Jennifer you may just win a fastest finger award!

(Aunt Lu et al. email me for a copy of you guys in all your gorgeousness!)

12 comments:

Heitkampfam said...

Gorgeous color pic! And fast fingers, wouldn't you say??

Tawnya from IN

erin said...

whoa! go girl! :)

Megan said...

They are a great looking group of woman. It's nice to have someone outside of the actual relatives to have stories like that. Great picture.

Lori Grimes said...

WOW!!!! I beat Jennifer! she must be very busy at work...HA HA Thanks for the picture Deed and like always you made us all look good.

Dave said...

yeah!!! smokin fingers;> ~Dave

Anonymous said...

I WAS busy at work!! I checked this morning and you hadn't updated yet and then all heck broke loose. Thanks for the shout-out DeeDee! YOU'RE THE GREATEST!! Those are definitely some wonderful ladies that I'm lucky enough to be friends with and I cherish each and every one of them.

Anonymous said...

By the way all you blog readers - no the picture of Becky isn't fake or airbrushed. She's just that damn beautiful!

erin said...

Jennifer, as I was editing this shot I was totally thinking, "these people are going to think I made her skin look that way!" She has some unbelievable skin, huh? Man, I only wish mine looked that way!

Mandy said...

Ok, now you have to get Becky to spill the beans on her skin care routine! WOW!! She is GORGEOUS!!
A grandmother.....are you sure???

Anonymous said...

DeeDee,
You are amazing! If I only had half of your energy. I can't thank you enough for taking the time out to take pictures of Bri. You have been blessed with a gift and am thankful you shared it with me and my family.

Thank you for your sweet compliment on your blog, I appreciated it, Kayla on the other hand was ready to hurl! :o) There is nothing like being a grandma!!!

Thank you ALL for the generous compliments, but really...I don't look like this in real life. This just goes to show you how Darn good DeeDee's talent is!

{The Tresslers} said...

Seriously, what type of moisturizer is that woman using??

Love the 21st bday story!!! So classic!!

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Becky people. If the only person DeeDee took pictures of was Becky she would be a rich woman. You can not take a bad picture of her. She was in my wedding and looked better than me in every.single.shot. Even when she was dead tired with her feet up on the table!! She's gorgeous.