For the first half of our week we pretty much stuck around my grandparents house and laid low. It gave us a great opportunity to catch up on time with family, junk food and about 8 different judge shows on my Grama and Grandpa's Tivo. (yes, they are so much cooler than we are)
In no particular order...
My sister and my rad BIL Dave. I feel obligated to say he's rad because 1) he is 2) he uses the word every chance he gets and 3) he's one of the few men brave enough to comment on this ol' blog (I know there are more of you out there - you just may not have the cajones Dave does:) )

My water-witching, wart-removing Grandpa. I love this man.

I love this man too!

(No, B-Ro didn't suddenly sprout a carrot top, I'm just too lazy to pick these snaps apart and fix the color...)

(same goes for sweet Charlotte...she's really a blonde...and a pretty cute one if you're asking me!)
My girl hard at work at one of my favorite childhood, Grama's house pastimes...sorting junk.

Aunt Lori called the week before our trip to ask one question: "What do I need to get for Sarah to make sure I'm her favorite?"
The answer? Cinderella.
Score one for Aunt Lu.

The ring didn't hurt her cause either...

Naptime for Grandpa. And a sweet child who I'm related to in a distant and roundabout way...

Sarah and Charlotte with their loveys...

And finally, Sarah doing what she did for much of the first half of our week...

On an airplane if we even so much as fly over a state harboring a stomach bug Sarah will catch it. And this trip was no exception.
Vacation. Huh.
10 comments:
I have been on "vacation" for the past 3 weeks with my 4 kiddos, suprising how little "vacationing" has actually been done these past three weeks. I just put my husband on the airplane headed home, I wonder if I'll get any more vacationing done with out him! (I doubt it!)
wart remover?
I especially love the first one of Papa John. I'm sorry Sarah got sick though. Can't wait to see more....
First, welcome back! Glad to hear everyone is home safe, even if you are exhausted.
Secondly, I just wanted to say I love Aunt Lori's style. I am actually an Aunt Lori myself, and this is my shameless attitude as well. My niece actually has two Aunt Lori's, so I volunteered to change my label to "Fun Aunt Lori" just so there wouldn't be any confusion.
ugh. so sorry about the bug. see why i hate to fly? hope she's feeling better???
I'm sorry Sarah got sick. Sounds like you were able to catch up with a lot of family though. It is never vacationing with kids. Brent is completely right-just a new place to go. It's just a lot of work being out of your own element, even when going to see family.
Vacations/traveling get better as the kids get older. Really! I never thought it would get easier but finally it has.
This year was the first vacation we've taken with our kids that we felt that we relaxed and had a great time. The older three are getting to such nice ages--they helped out a lot too! (Dishes, packing, tidying up...) We actually got back in the van to drive home and were excited to go to the cottage again next year.
Poor little one in bed. You must have been worried that you would all get it!
thanks for the props SIL! ~Dave
Sounds like quite an eventful week! Glad to have ya back!
Grandpa has the best naptime faces.
Post a Comment