Tuesday, July 08, 2008

introducing baby Luke.

Do you see him?



According to that Pi'bears he's growing into a big healthy baby boy, right there in her tummy.

She's been insisting on this for about five days now. Daily she'll mention something like "Luke is in my tummy and he's growing into a bigger boy tomorrow. My tummy is growing and growing!" And just this morning she told her daddy that her raisin bran was in her belly button not in her tummy - Luke, of course, is in her tummy.

While I'm not quite ready to be a grandma, I am enjoying her burgeoning imagination and pretend play (still "pretty tend" at our house). She spent no less than half an hour this past weekend at Brent's parents house demanding that our entire family participate in music class as she passed out instruments, led us in the songs, and then collected the instruments once again. I love that as her imagination takes off, so does her independence. She can entertain herself for much longer periods of time now that she is making up her own stories to play. And I say "HALLELUJAH!" to that!

Her imagination is lagging behind in one area though - names. All of her babies are named after real babies. Luke is the little guy across the street. Her favorite baby doll, Anna, is named after my dear friend Liz's daughter. Her second favorite baby doll, Aunt Wanda, is named after - you guessed it - Aunt Wanda. I guess she's a realist when it comes to names. Unlike her daddy who to this day will openly discuss his childhood friendships with Guh, Shockbock, and RoShockbock. Well, openly after today, that is. =)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This whole post makes me laugh, especially the part about Brent! And I am with you on the pretend = independence thing. Being able to tell my daughter that, "Abby is crying, you should go feed her a bottle," means I get to go to the bathroom by myself now!

J.J. said...

so funny - pretend is alla's favorite. ever. please don't get her dressed and make her go anywhere cuz this takes away from pretend time with her friends: baby rolla, her sister laura, zebra, pepito, lauren, ans her sister shiela. ha!

Megan said...

I remember discussions about Shockbock! Hee hee I have to say that Mazie always used real names. She still does and Jamie too. Everything else they do is weird so I guess they had to have something that was a little normal?

Anonymous said...

What a great post! You have quite a character in that Pi'bear!

Anonymous said...

Jealous???

signed,

Guh

Dave said...

he looks like a Luke
~Dave

Colleen said...

Everyone was Misha, Wisha and Kissya when I was a kid. I think Aunt Wanda is a HUNDRED times better. :o)

Amy said...

That is so cute! I love that she actually (happily) posed for this photo for you, too! Can't wait to hear more of her grand adventures. . .

Jeanelle said...

Oh My Goodness, that's just hiarious!

Neurotic Atty said...

That absolutely cracks me up! What a bright little girl!

Tanya said...

I remember my son telling me about a lion in his room, apparently there to stay; and to my "horrified" look he added quickly "Oh, don't worry mom he is CLEAN!!!"

It's great that you are recording her "adventures". Enjoy that adorable stage!

Kelley said...

That is so funny! I'd love to hear updates on how baby Luke is growing :)

Anonymous said...

This would be soooo cute to get on video...and post! hint, hint!

liz said...

Anna says hi to Anna!