Sunday, July 27, 2008

seems I have some 'splainin' to do.

Ah, the water-witching wart doctor arrives home safely. :) I have so much to share and tell about but someone made a mess of this sweet little blog that I first have to clean up. Since this seems to have become a forum for spreading malicious half-truths I'll dispell those myths with a Snopes-style rating system. If only I could figure out how to use their cute little color coded icons...

1. Erin is a skinny little thing, but the girl can eat desserts like no other. I've seen her eat a full meal and then put away a dozen cookies. And then look around for more. True. I love me some sweets.

2. After she buys new clothes, she goes home and does a fashion show complete with strutting and posing. O-b-n-o-x-i-o-u-s. Multiple truth values. This was pre-children. I no longer have the time/money/style sense to buy new clothes. Or the shopping buddy. (insert sad, lonely sigh) And it was never obnoxious. I'm flawless on a living room catwalk, let me tell you.

3. She's a water witch. False. My grandpa witches for water and tried to teach me. I'm a miserable failure in this department.

4. She's a wart doctor. Multiple truth values. Again, my grandpa does this and has passed the family secret down to me. It's kind of a deathbed confession, Okey folkore type of thing and since my grandpa is still alive and kicking I'm not "practicing". And, for the record, we prefer "wart conjurer". Gotta keep you people PC with all your folk medical terms.

5. Erin was a seriously great teacher. I know most of you think of her as a photographer, but she was an incredible, innovative, highly-skilled teacher. Undetermined. But man I loved that job.

6. When my husband was away for most of 6 months due to work, Erin slept over with me every single Thursday night. And she had me over for dinner at least once a week. Because that's the kind of friend she is. True. Samantha failed to mention, however, that my husband also cleaned her toilets on a regular basis. There are some things a girl just shouldn't do. :)

7. Erin ruins every single surprise poor Brent tries to plan for her. True. Guilty as charged.

8. She is a fabulous cook and hostess. Her home is warm and inviting, and she has this incredibly laid-back attitude about having people over all the time. You always feel at welcome at the Cobbs. Undetermined. I will say though that with the likes of Samantha and Amy in the neighborhood you better come with your A game or you'll be out-hostessed every time.

9. She is dearly, dearly loved by her family, her husband, her children, her book club, and me. Especially me. True. I've got me some good peeps, yes I do. And I love them right back.

10. I have so many good stories I'd love to share, but they aren't really appropriate for general audiences. Sigh. For those of you who don't know her personally, you'll just have to take my word for it that she's even better in person. And also more of a pain-in-the-you-know-what. Multiple truth values. Me? A pain? HA!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heehheeee!! Though you STILL didn't explain the whole "water witch", "wart whatever" thing. :)

Glad you made it home safe, and that you guys had such a good time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you DeeDee, and to meet your gorgeous family. Come back to Cali again soon - we miss you already!!!

Samantha said...

Love you, girl. And I could have written a whole post on how much I loved me some Brent while Steve was gone, but that's a whole other topic. He is a pretty special guy, though. And also a pain-in-the-you-know-what.

Kassi said...

as a Marine wife, I totally understand and LOVE the fact that you and Samantha are so close! The fact that you spent every thursday night and that your husband cleaned toilets just makes my heart melt to think that there are so many fabulous couples out there helping each other out.

Dave said...

Water Witch: a person with the ability to find underground streams and waterways on a parcel of property, then mark an "X" on which to drill your water well.

~Dave

Anonymous said...

From what I've always understood, though, water witching cannot be taught. One simply is or is not capable of it!

erin said...

Thanks Dave! And, yep, it's true...water witching can't be taught. And I sure don't have the gift!

Dave said...

Erin how do you explain Wart Doctor? ~Dave

Susie PSU said...

Glad you're home! And it will be a most interesting book club reunion this year...do you GIVE warts, or REMOVE them? I had one as a kid that I had frozen off my hand. I wish someone could have just voo-doo'd it away!

Kendra said...

I found your blog through Marilee's blog and LOVE looking at your photography and reading your funny posts :o) Kendra

alexandra said...

Thanks for the "other" side of the Erin truths. You are one fascinating gal! ;)