Thursday, July 17, 2008

lull

I feel the ol' blog is getting stale. I'm torn between wanting to update my look but not wanting to update to new blogger. Between wanting to post everyday and saying "forget it" and switching to just the potd. Between wanting to go private and stick to my peeps and wanting to entice new readers. Ugh.

I think I'll just go on vacation.

In the meantime, check out that B-Ro lovin' him some black beans. He was a big fan. As was his sister. The diaper-changer (read: me), on the other hand, not such a big fan.



Hope your week is going great!

64 comments:

the larsons said...

If it's any consolation to you, we love your blog just the way it is. I love hearing how all of you are doing - even though I don't see you enough it really makes me feel like we talk all the time.

Go enjoy Cali and then maybe you'll be inspired again!

Lauren said...

Erin, Please don't go private (or if you do, please let me be considered one of your "peeps" even though I rarely comment and we've never met!). I'm relatively new to blogging, but I must say I love your blog. I obviously don't know your family personally, but as a mom (and a soon-to-be mom-to-two at that), I find comfort reading your blog and those of fellow readers for opinions, insight and experiences as we all wander through this wonderful journey of motherhood.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I throughly enjoy your blog. I know even though I've just started a blog for my family, it sometimes wears me out (and I haven't even taken the time to upload pictures to our blog yet). But when I go back and read an entry I'm so glad to have this glimpse into time with my family. I'm sure you feel the same.

Enjoy your vacation!

Joey said...

So many people love reading your blog and keeping up with your family. I am sure it is hard to keep up with on top of the photography business, POTD, being a mommy to 2, and everything else in life.I would be so sad if you discontinued it or if you went private, unless I got an invite so I could keep reading:)
You always do such an awesome job. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Don't go private, I read your blog every day and I will admit I don't comment everyday but I love it. I feel like I know you and yet I have never meet you!!!

Enjoy your vacation!!

MommaKristi said...

I hope I can be one of your "peeps" if you do go private!! I love your pictures, but also your thoughts as a mom. There is so much I struggle with right now (I just blogged on it on my mom blog) and I draw a lot of inspiration and confidence from reading other's blogs!!!! Yours is one I check daily (even fridays!!!).

st said...

Did I read that top comment right, you're on your way to California?? Any chance it is southern CA and you want to hook up for a photo shoot. I have been wanting my kids photographed, but struggling with wanting only you to do it! :)

Also, I vote don't go private! Keep it just the way it is. I love it and check in on you every day.

J.J. said...

don't change a thing, girl!

i will remember that about the black beans!! lOL!

Jodie said...

Ditto what everyone else said! I LOVE your blog and it's one of my favorites in the whole world. :) If you want to change up the design or frequency, that's okay, you deserve a break or a change or whatever you need. But please don't stop blogging. I love your little family and seeing you adventures.

Shana-Lynn said...

I love it the way it is!

Anonymous said...

Please don't go private! My kids naptime will never be the same as I put them to bed and race to the computer to get a bit of relief as I read your entries. I love Mama Mondays and all the other goodies you add to the plate. Please stay just the way you are. This momma of two from North Carolina needs daily coffee and a does of your blog.

Bethany said...

Hi Erin! I am one of those faithful readers (and photographer wannabes!) and I LOVE reading your blog...just like everyone else who has commented on here!! I always leave with a smile on my face after seeing your amazing pictures or reading your stories!

I am sure you are just like the rest of us and get worn out, but you are doing an amazing job!

Have a happy day!

Jennifer said...

Coming out of lurking.. I enjoyed your blog.. don't change.. love your pictures.. so different with your style.

Debbi said...

Hi Erin! Long time lurker, first time commenter. PLEASE don't go private. As an aspiring photographer who is portfolio building, you are a HUGE inspiration to me! I'd be so sad to not read your posts daily! Your blog is anything but stale to me!

lfhcreative said...

I love your blog too! Our kids are similar ages and I am just inspired by your funny little stories and beautiful photos of your kiddos.

My son has a great love of beans too! I try to save them up for the weekends or when someone else is around to change those NASTY diapers!

Debbie said...

Oh man, my heart stopped for a moment there at the thought of not having your blog to read... Seriously Erin, if I had to pick only one blog to visit out of my list of faves, it would be yours.

Having said that, I totally understand that its hard to keep up with and I'm sure there are other reasons for you to be considering the change. I would sure miss you though.

May you have a safe and fun trip with your family.

Anonymous said...

oh i stuggle with this too....daily...only i can't for the life of me decide if i should separate out the business from the personal either. And I want a new pretty blog but can't part with my archives...tough decisions :P

Anonymous said...

You may set another record with people begging you to keep going and telling you how much they love your blog (me included!!)

Can't wait to see you next week!!!!

By the way, Tyler's babysitter had the same diaper reaction when he ate olives for the first time! I think the exact words were "What the He#% did you feed that baby!?"

erin said...

Oh guys, you're so nice. I think I'm just feeling standard bloggers block, uninspired stuff. I'm sure it'll pass. Thanks for hanging around with me!

Stacey, I actually am coming out to CA but I'll be in the Santa Cruz area. I've had some SoCal requests lately so maybe I'll think about making that happen next year. :)

Kelly Kuntz said...

maybe you could do a post on blog re-design :-) I know I could use some help!

Robin said...

NO on making this private! oh, how i so look forward to your posts every morning, erin! also, please do let us know if you're coming out to CA -- would love, love, love to schedule a shoot with you!

Marci said...

I love your blog. Please don't go. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

I even got a co-worker hooked on your blog as she is pregnant and was looking for info on cloth diapering. Now she's hooked.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Please don't go private or stop your blog! I look forward to it daily. As a mother of two children same ages as yours, I really enjoy the stories, momma mondays and especially the photography info. I am still backtracking through your earliest blog entries to get all photography tips I can ... I love them! In fact, I sent you an email last week with a question about my new 5D - did you happen to receive it? Why don't my pics look like yours?!?!?!? :)

erin said...

Hi Dava, I did get your email and I responded a couple of nights ago. Maybe check your spam box? I often find messages in there that shouldn't be there!

Amy said...

I get over bloggers block by reminding myself why I really started mine (which isn't to be witty or post fabulous photos, but I'll admit I do like to do those things, too!). . . it's to keep long distance family and friends up to speed, to feel like they actually did spend the day with us at the pool, even though they're thousands of miles away. Even though I think they're uninspired posts, the fam is happy to see them. Eventually, I hit my groove again. We'll still love you no matter what you post! I just want to feel like I'm there with you, since I can't actually be in person!

Anonymous said...

Please don't go private... I'd be lost! You're my on-line go-to for advice/expertise (not to mention pictures)!

Lucasb said...

Erin, I just wanted to "second" what everyone else has said. We love your blog!

Maryam said...

another plea for you not to go private!! I enjoy your blog so much for the mama tips, photog tips and beautiful pictures!! -Mary V

Lesley said...

Hi Erin, I also am an avid reader of your blog, but never leave comments. I love the pics you take, your children are beautiful, and you are such a great fun writer. I would truely miss it. Have a nice vacation. I hope to be able to continue reading.
Lesley

Anonymous said...

You inspire many through your photos, through your stories, and through your heart that has to be bigger than most. I enjoy both of your blogs, and POTD greatly and would miss everything if you choose to go private but also understand reasons to why that may be a possibility. Thank you for being an inspiration to many of us that have never met you. Amy

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, I had to come out of my lurker status and leave a comment on this one! Erin, you constantly inspire me with your posts and your outlook on motherhood, life, and family room colors. :) The one thing that keeps me going is realizing how much my kids will enjoy this someday. (Thanks to your post about making a book of blog posts from blurb.com!) You have saved me from my kids wondering why I never wrote anything in their baby books!

Keep up the awesome work!

Megan said...

I agree with Amy's comment. That's what I do to try to get out of the bloggers block. Have a great vacation!

ellen said...

Your blog is one of my favorites; I hope you don't stop!

Anonymous said...

You are so inspiring and enjoyable to me and to so many others!

Yours is the first blog I ever read and yours inspired me to start my own. Please don't go!

PS Did you ever get an email from me? Just wondering if you received it.

Anonymous said...

Nooooooo!!!! You can't stop/go private. I LOVE reading your blog. Something about reading the thoughts of other moms is so therapeutic. And your pictures always make me smile. Enjoy your vacation!

erin said...

Oh you guys, I guess this is what I get for thinking out loud! I'm not serious...just feeling stuck. Thank you for giving me a nudge!

Sonja, when did you email me? I have a few in my inbox right now that I haven't gotten to from the last few days but I did a massive answering session on Tuesday night so if it was before then I would have responded already. Will you let me know when it was or try again?

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin -- I just had to jump on and say too, please leave it as is! I love seeing your work -- so inspiring and still so bummed that you won't be in South Bend in a few weeks -- and I love reading Mama Mondays. I also love your Pi'bears tips because my 2 yr old daughter is 4 months younger, and your little life moments are so helpful to me. So take a break, but come back ... you know we'll miss you and those cute kiddos! And for the record, I check POTD all the time! :-) Thanks for sharing as much as do ... we appreciate it, and you!

Holliday Family said...

I have commented before but not for ages and not often....PLEASE don't leave us without you in blogland - you have a whole community of people who adore your blog!

Debs

Chris said...

Please don't make yourself private. I just stumbled on your blog and it inspires me each time I read it. I love looking at your photos and seeing how I could do those things with my little one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin

I sent a message about a month ago (I think that's how long) through the "email me" link on your blog. I'm emailing from Ontario,Canada, so maybe it was considered junk on your end? I use msn, not outlook, so I don't have a copy of it.

Is is okay if I try again today through your blog, and you can see if one comes through?

the larsons said...

Erin is this proof enough - this is more comments than I've ever had in my 2 years of blogging.

Anonymous said...

Much like the other posters, I LOVE your blog...as a new mom, photography novice and home decor/craft connoisseur, I admire (and look forward to) your insight and inspiration. Please don't go..or if you do, take us with! ;)

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Erin, Just echoing all the other comments! I love reading what you have to say, Mama Mondays and your photography! I'd miss you terribly!

Anonymous said...

I told you that you'd be setting records.... :)

Have a safe flight and I hope to see you soon!!

Nicole said...

just wanted to let you know that i read your blog everyday since you replied my email and sent me the link..most mornings even before i open my email!! please dont go private or decide not to blog! :(

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Your photography is in inspiring and gives me something to shoot for. Wow, that pun was totally not intended.

I've never commented, but I've been reading since summer break started. I think you do a great job!

Shawna said...

Just another "blog fan" here trying to motivate and inspire you to stay!! I love your blog... your thoughts and photography tips are so helpful!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am just a lurker, I fould you off of Life in Motion (way back when Lyndsay was living in the Northwest we had mutual friends and hung out)... I would be soooo sad to see you go private I love your blog, pictures, inspiration, mamma monday, it would just be tragic...
Amy

Anonymous said...

Just voicing my opinion as a big fan of your blog - I love it just the way it is. I'd be very sad to see you go private and not getting to read your funny posts and seeing your gorgeous pictures anymore. Sniff...

erin said...

Again you guys, thank you. Sometimes I'm just a freak. Ignore me. ;)

Sonja, I get a lot of emails so I don't specifically remember yours but I respond to all of them (even if it takes me a while!) so I'm wondering if it either didn't ever get to me or if my response didn't get to you. I always check my spam box because I often get "real" messages in there so I'm sure that wouldn't be it. If you've already tried resending it still hasn't come through. Try again directly maybe? erkatco at yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

FYI: Amy totally took the words out of my mouth. Never let "the blog" be a stress. It's a virtual scrapbook that you can happily share with others--great memories!

P.S. Lily looked at E's photos and said "Ephraim's messy." :)
Have a GREAT trip!!

Anonymous said...

I only recently found you blog (by "recent" I mean ... like Tuesday). If you've seen Minneapolis in your Sitemeter for hours and hours - yup, that's me. I love it! You are oh-so talented. I would be sad to lose you already.

Anonymous said...

Please don't change things! Of all the blogs I read, this is one of my very, very favorites! I read it EVERYDAY. And there are a lot of reasons for this: not only are the photographs AMAZING, but more importanty, you have a transparent gift for making your life so real in words, and so easy for other moms to relate to in such important ways that would be missing if you only did your PTOD blog (which I also love, love, love, by the way). There are so many days when I was having a terrible motherhood day and your blog just made me smile and giggle and relax.

Anonymous said...

Don't do it! Your pictures and your posts are so fun to read and an inspiration. I check the blog every day and have never left a comment, but wanted to join with the chorus in saying how much you would be missed. Thanks for taking time to post so often!

Sonja said...

oh jeez dont go private!
is this your trick for getting us lurkers to come out hehehe.
Well there I've done it. I looove your blog, your photos, and your stories, I check it daily, it has definitely become a part of my routine. I've learned so much just from reading it, and you've certainly inspired me in many ways...so Thank you :o) and enjoy your vacation.

PS Peabear and BuddyRo are soooo incredibly adorably adorable it's ridiculous!

Sonja said...

PS I'm a different sonja from the other one hehe

Shannon said...

I LOVE your blog and like all the other comments, I would be so sad if you stopped blogging. I really enjoy reading about your little ones and family. I have two little ones and stay at home myself...you inspire me!

kparks said...

I love your blog! After my wedding last November, I have really become interested in photography. The interest has always been there, but after seeing my wedding photos I have become even more interested! After talking with a friend of mine (who also has 2 young ones) we thought that maybe if we could learn to take decent photos it could save us a bunch of money--and it could be fun! We are currently taking a class at the local community college & are at least learning how to shoot manually :) We love your blog not only for the photos but for the commentary as well. We are both teacher (3-6 year olds in a public Montessori school). Although we have no plans (right now) to take photography professional at this point, we love looking to your blog for ideas, direction, support, etc. We will definitely use your tips in our classrooms, daily life, etc. So....long story short, please don't take this blog private! We love it too much!

kparks said...

OK, I just posted, and as a teacher, I am a bit embarrassed by some of the typos/errors! Hopefully you can understand the gist of it!

The Runyans said...

erin. hope your vacation is great!

thank you so much for the SV help! i figured it out, and i now have two client's galleries up. i'm so tickled. much more professional. i did find a gal on ILP that customizes them with logos, etc. if you want her name, let me know!

Jeanelle said...

Ummm...you do know that your blog fills a little small hole in our hearts, right?!?!

XOXO,
J

Dave said...

60 flippin comments all about
"don't do it"
And here is one more DeeDee, please don't!
~Dave

Miller Mommy said...

I love visiting your blog and I come here almost every day!! Please don't go private or make sure that we all get invited to read on :)

I don't know you personally but I truly love your blog, as I think a lot of other people do from all these awesome comments!!

Anonymous said...

wow. you are amazing! an inspiration to (obviously) so many...you do a fantastic job! keep it up and enjoy your vacation:)

Sara Farrar Photography said...

p.s. i LOVE all your photographer's tips and appreciate them sooooo much!!!!