1. Totally didn't even think about yesterday being Monday (mama monday) until I was making the bed this morning. We'll be back in action next week.
2. We had our second Music Together class this morning. We're doing a short six week class and I'm super-excited about it.
3. Caroline turned Sarah on to Super Why which I'm pretty sure is the coolest show out there for little ones. I mean who doesn't want The Power to READ?! It's much better than the Power of Grayskull if you ask me.
4. Every once in a while Sarah has been shouting out, "Ephraim is a big THUMB SUCK!" This has been going on for several weeks and I just haven't been able to wrap my brain around what she's talking about. And to be honest it's been a little disturbing. What is she really trying to say??? Today at lunch the mystery was solved when I asked her why she kept saying that and she replied with, "On Super Why Alphabet Pig says, 'Give yourself a BIG THUMB SUCK!'" She definitely did not believe me when I assured her that AP was saying "give yourself a big thumbs up." But at least my mind is now at ease. =)
5. I haven't forgotten about the questions that bred from weeks ago. I plan to get right on that this week.
6. When Amy was here and she was helping me make dinner (read: Amy was making dinner) she replaced one of my used-up spice jars with a fresh jar we'd just purchased. And then she asked, "do you save your lids?" I was totally confused. What would I need the lids for? Am I missing something very cool that everyone is doing with their old spice lids? She must have read the utter confusion on my face because she said, "Samantha just puts the old lids on the new spices so she doesn't have to relabel them." DUH!? Oh my goodness can I just tell you how many hours I've spent relabeling spice lids that I've tossed? Okay, maybe not hours...but definitely lots and lots of minutes. Minutes when I could have been cooking or eating or playing with kids or...blogging! My world will never be the same.
7. While at the commissary today I used another one of Amy's amazing streamlining techniques (the girl could write a book on being efficient, I tell ya). Instead of fumbling around to find/pull a new produce bag everytime she stops for another fresh item she just grabs 10 or 12 off the first roll she sees as she walks in the store. Um, yeah, why didn't I think of that?
8. I've got my eye on these though so maybe I won't be using #7 for that much longer. I'd like to find a less expensive option though because I'd need a lot of bags for the amount of produce we purchase.
9. If you're sitting down and feel you have adequately prepared yourself for a massive dose of baby Cobb cuteness then click here next.
10. I have an antique metal glider, table, and chair that I'm really pumped to do something with but it needs some help. It's just like this one minus the pretty paint job. Does anyone know how to do something like that?
Have a great week!
17 comments:
There are produce bags on etsy, just type in produce bags and you have plenty of options!
can i add a question? how exactly do you proof with your clients? are your proofs on your website? do they order from there or from you? you mentioned a while back about taking your laptop with you? how do you do it? make them give you their order then? sorry. . .i've been meaning to email you and ask, but i keep forgetting. . .now, i'm going to push the back button and finish reading your 10 on tues.
Rustoleum has a ton of cool new spray paints in different textures and stuff. There's a whole aisle of them at Home Depot. I'll bet you could find one for your glider.
Those produce bags are great! I'm gonna check out Vanessa's tip and look on esty, too.
I was scoping out Marshall's for a good cloth napkin basket. I just have in my head that it has to look like the one you have, though, so nothing seemed quite right. My search will continue!
check out this web site they are really good with simple instructions on how to fix things up. We are "do it yourselfers" around this house so I find my way to this site often. www.ehow.com/how_8542_refinish-metal-patio.html Good luck!!! Amy
See I am good for a few things.
Thanks to Vanessa for the etsy lead (but Erin, with your skills I know you can make those things in a snap)...T never uses produces bags either (yes, he is more of an environmentalist than he carries on to be) and makes me feel so bad for doing so. However, I know we've been making the check-out people mad having to gather up out loose produce and try to keep them on the weight machine!
#7 - i would love to go completely plastic free in the grocery and produce departments by the end of this year - so many choices, tho! i just keep ripping off plastic bags from the first little reel i come to, too...ron thinks i'm crazy carrying around that many plastic bags...but i use them!
#3 - ok, might have to try SUPER WHY since WORD WORLD is always repeats and there aren't that many new DIEGO shows on either. those are alla's two. but maybe since she's three she can have three options for the one show she watches a day:)
#9 - that was some SERIOUS cobb cuteness.
i'm reading amy's post now and wondering if you've posted a pic of your cloth napkin basket. that's on my list for 2008 too - all cloth napkins. i only have like 8. been scoping out the bulk/restaurant type sites. i have a great big metal bown for 'em all...trouble is, at the moment there's a bouncer on our table!
My daughter LOVES Super Why, too! (We don't have cable, so PBS Kids is all the entertainment she gets!) For some reason it holds her interest better than Sesame Street and I'm thrilled that she's learning her letters.
JJ, Target has huge packs of plain, simple cloth napkins. That's where I got mine and I have about 60.
Erin, I recommend using some great spray paint (rustoleum) in an awesome color and making a couple of those small throw pillows that I know you can do in funky colors. What I'm picturing in my head looks like something you would totally come up with.
If anyone wants to know, I bought a bunch (like 20) grocery bags on bagsontherun.com. They are about $2 a bag and are awesome. I haven't even used all 20, they hold so much and I used them for everything-commissary, target, etc. I will have to search for the produce bags. That was next on my list. Thanks for the heads up on etsy!
great 10, Erin. Love the pictures and Sarah little stories. They make me laugh.
I love this idea! Can I steal your ten on Tuesday idea??? So happy that you guys are doing well!
Super Why is Super Cool! Sorry, I just had to say it. :P
Erin,
I have been meaning to ask you, I was wondering where you get you sweet potatoes for your homemade baby food. They are .99 at the grocery and that is a little expensive for just one potato! Any suggestions?
Bonnie
We enjoy Music Together too! And we lurrrve Super Why - don't forget: Super You, with the Power to Help! That's a big one in our house. :)
Sesame Street has podcasts as well that are fantastic!
Bonnie, I do all of our shopping at the commissary which is the grocery store on military bases across the country. Prices are lower and they don't charge tax so we do get quite a break. Even with that I'm kind of choking at the price of food lately. Here's the thing though: that one potato will probably make 8-12 food cubes. Three cubes is a typical meal for Ephraim these days (and about the equivalent to a smal jar of baby food I'm guessing). So you're looking at 3-4 meals out of that one dollar. And good meals at that!
Anyway, here's to finding cheap(er) potatoes! =)
Erin-
LOVE your blog!!! I faithfully read it ever yday. I love your photography and also your Mama Mondays and tips and ideas on how to be greener and more cost effective. I'm a stay at home Mama and it's important to find ways to save money.
The plastic produce bags have been bugging me for a while. I've been re-using them till they get tears but I kept thinking there should be a better, greener solution. I didn't do anything about it though until I saw your idea of using re-usable bags. They seemed a little expensive to me though and I did some research on Google to see if I could make my own.
Well, I found this great website with instructions and I just made a bunch of them today in very little time using some costume netting I already had around the house. So if you have a sewing machine and some netting which is pretty inexpensive, you can make yourself a bunch in a jiffy. I'm very excited about this new solution and can't wait to try them out at the grocery store tomorrow.
Here is the website if you'd like to try to make your own.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-your-own-onestringbag/
Thanks for all the good ideas and the laughs, keep up the good work.
Oops, looks like part of the website address got cut off. Here you go.
http://www.instructables.com/id/
Make-your-own-onestringbag/
Post a Comment