With this smile.

And this squeal.

You hug me. Even if your daddy doesn't believe it, you do. You wrap your chubby arms around my neck and push your little knees into me and squeeze. And I love it.

You coo and purr, gargle and raspberry at the slightest bit of attention. And you laugh.
You laugh hyterically at neck tickles, rib pokes, and the word "mamamamamama". (is there really any better word?)

You have the tiniest little strawberry mark on your ring finger. See it? An angel must have kissed you there. They say it'll be gone by the time you're two. I say it'll be in my heart. Along with every other inch of your cuddly 17 pound body.

You sleep 12 hours a night. Straight. And when you see me walk in you pound and thump and squeal and kick and I think it's a good thing everyone's already awake because if not your antics would surely get them out of bed. But it'd be worth it for such a joyful show.

You're a grabber. You want every item within reaching distance. Especially food. And Pi'bear hair.

And toes.

You light up at the sight of your sister. And you break into this grin if she even so much as throws a whisper or a glance in your direction. If it weren't so darn adorable I might be jealous of your affection for her.

You are my precious son. My cuddlebug. My snugglepuppy. My B-Ro.

And I love you.
(Mama Monday tomorrow: What's for LUNCH?!)
29 comments:
Sweet - I love the pics! He's at such a fun age right now :)
Yep....he's one handsome fella!
That's sweet. I love this stage. It's so fun.
Yup! You said it! I feel exactly the same way about my little 6 month old sunshine!! By the way, in the second picture he looks so Pi'Bear-esque!! Those two are going to be quite a little team!
-Mary V
Oh, I just loved this!
Erin, he is SO handsome! What a precious little man! I can't wait to see him again. Do you have plans for the last weekend in June?
This was pure sweetness and I can feel your love for your little boy because I feel the same for mine! He has just started to really recognize me and cry if I'm in the room and someone else is holding him. He looks at me and smiles and I melt! Your little boy is ADORABLE and I loved seeing these pictures and reading your words about him!!! :)
I want to know how you got him to chill on the grass, my peanut wont hear of it!! Love the pics!!!
SO CUTE! I know exactly how you feel word for word...I feel the same way about my little cuddlebug 7 month old! There's just something about that boy that melts my heart over and over! On another note I checked out Amy's blog and you guys are such a picture perfect family...LOVE every single one of them!
I witnessed those hugs in person--he definitely loves his mama. I'm SO happy I got to see him at this age. . . it certainly is wonderful and he couldn't be any more perfect! Miss you guys!
Those pics melt my heart. Besides loving your photos I enjoy reading your blog because my son is ~6 weeks younger than yours so it gets me completely excited to read what I have to look forward to just around the corner. Thanks for sharing.
He's certainly handsome!!
Love these!! What a super cutie!
How sweet! And such a gorgeous little guy! He melts my heart!
hey, I just followed someone's link to your site and love your photos. I downloaded your color action and I'm gonna go play with it. Thanks so much!
This post totally brought tears to my eyes. My 6.5 month old is the exact same (well NOT sleeping through the night...so jealous!) and I feel the exact same way. They are growing up WAY too fast. Beautiful pictures!
You have such beautiful children!
This post made me cry, your photos are stunning as are your words. You never sease (is that a word) to amaze me! Thank you for brightning my day!
so sweet! such a fun stage.
those pictures are so sweet.
Moments to remember for a life time!! Handsome little man, beautiful pics!! Amy
Man, he looks more and more like Pi'Bears!
That's a super sweet post!
I'm totally crying now...Those pics. remind me of my sweet Cooper!
Toni
That's the sweetest post ever. Awww, I'm almost in tears. It brings me back to the little days of my 2yo, and I miss them so much.
Such great pictures--and 12 hours of sleep--gosh that's awesome!
So beautiful! Your pictures are inspiring!!
Erin-
I'm a friend of jj's and I sometimes lurk over here just to see your gorgeous children. I decided to leave you a comment today because I just had a son myself (he is 6 weeks) and this post spoke to mt heart and made me cry. I feel so lucky to know this kind of love... the one that only exisits between mother and child. You put that love into words perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
Hi DeeDee! I'm on vacation this week but had to check in and catch up on what I've been missing once I got to a computer. (Hi from Vegas!!)
This is the SWEETEST post!! I know how you feel - when Tyler was little he was just my bestest bud in the world. That lasted until about 5 and I was heartbroken when he changed. (And you know what a turd he is now...) :O
sorry - the last one was from me and the stupid tiny keys on this laptop drive me nuts! It sent before I could type in my name.
Post a Comment