Wednesday, June 18, 2008

a new favorite.

It's not often that I get a *true* Pi'bear shot these days. Those of you who are picture-snapping mamas know what I'm talking about. The camera comes out and she either hides, runs, grumps up, or flashes a cheesy, scrunchy, eye-squinting "smile" before exclaiming "I WANNA SEE!"

But like I said yesterday, I can feel the wind a-changing. She's coming back around. I'm not sure if it's the jealousy factor from my camera constantly being on Ephraim (my most willing subject) or the fascination with seeing herself in the little black box or the fact that sometimes, just sometimes, I let her push the button and take her own pictures.

Whatever it is, I like it.

Yesterday I snapped a few (with her permission even!) and I absolutely adore this one. It's been a while since I got a shot that I felt was so her. Oh and this one is. The hands stuffed under the pillow. The body pressed against the bed ready to bury her head and "hide" any second. The toothy, signature Pi'bears giggle. I love it.





That's my girl.

14 comments:

Terry said...

It definitely captures the essence of our Pi'bear!

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo! She just looks like such a sweetheart.

I am 100% feeling your pain about the impossibleness (don't think that's a word, but oh well) of getting a true photo. My daughter just turned two, so we took her out to try to get some official two-year photos. She will barely look at me, and when she does, I feel like none of the photos look like her. And then of course, the ones I originally think I like, I end up not liking because I stare at them too long! ::sigh:: You've given me hope, though that eventually she will let me take her picture again, and that eventually I will become a little better in the photography department. It just takes practice; right? :o)

Neurotic Atty said...

I love it, too! What a sweet face!

J.J. said...

know what you mean...i think we're always looking for that shot that defines them, right now.

Erin said...

YAY! Pi'Bears is back! I'm glad she's coming out of her P.C.S. (a.k.a Photographer's Child Syndrome!!) My Emma has a nasty case of it also, so I totally sympathize with you. It's at a bad, bad stage - the dirty glares, cheesy smiles, and camera swatting. But thanks for giving me hope that she might grow out of it someday!

Anonymous said...

If you think a 2 year old can give you the stink face when a camera comes out, try an 18 year old! He just had prom, senior trip, and graduated. Do you think he would let me have even one decent picture? NO! He might, just might, stand still, but smile? No well in he**!! :(

Why don't you try to find Sarah her own cheap digital camera so she can take her own pics? You never know what she might come up with! Nick entered a picture in the fair of the sun setting over the oak trees on our property when he was about 8 and got an honorable mention ribbon. Of course, on his next birthday I bought him a much nicer camera and he lost his interest...figures!

Janelle Anderson said...

That's a two year old trait for sure. Half the photos I get of Lucas are of him reaching for the camera to see himself or one of those not-so-natural smiles. We thought we were clever and gave him one of our old digital cameras that actually still worked...barely. That only cured things for a short time then he quickly realized that we never used his camera and of course he wanted ours again.

What a wonderful photo of Sarah...one to put on the wall for sure!

Kimberly said...

Sooo perfect! I love capturing those giggles!

Kristi said...

Just beautiful, Erin! I sooo have one of those 2.5 yr olds who flashy the cheesy eye squinty smile and thinks he's "done." Makes you really appreciate shots like these :)

Megan said...

I love that her little belly is hanging out of her outfit. She is such a beautiful girl (even when she has the little cheesy smile)!

Anonymous said...

From this picture I can almost hear her giggle! Great moment for the two of you!!! Amy

{Myra} said...

Just wanted you to know that I adore your blog...I look forward to checking it out everyday! :)

Robin said...

she's so sweet & lovely! love pi'bear's smile!

shelby valadez said...

she is so cute! I know what you mean though about the kids running away. My girl turns her head every time I lift the camera up. She used to be so good about me taking her pictures when she had no idea what was going on! ;)