Hey, at least I'm honest.
It's been quite a while since I've posted a black and white series so here we go...

(for those of you non-photographer types...what she's doing in that last shot is referred to by photo nerds as "chimping". Basically it means looking to see if you got the shot, checking exposure, etc. There's your ultra-cool photo slang for the day. You can thank me later.)



(did you catch the closed eye in that last one? Nice.)

I think she may be onto something with this whole photography bit. Get that girl a logo and website because when you make your clients look this fab...

they're bound to tell their friends.
23 comments:
My 10 yr old, wants my rebel so he is saving his money so he can put it towards my 5d when WE can afford to get it so then he can have mine!! He's up to $26 so far after 4 weeks or so!!!
Oh my goodness, these are precious! When I get my 5d, I'm so going to do this series with my xti and 2yo! My 2 babies...Jace and Canon :) Love her last shot, she nailed focus! hahaha!
erin, i love these! i especially like the closed eye shot! so sweet.
you crack me up!! I caught taryn holding my 5d one day and almost jumped out of my own skin LOL!!
Those last two of sarah are just perfection...you should put them on your site!
Tell Sarah she's got some mad skills too!!!
Oh this makes me giggle. I love that she is taking that picture with her eyes closed. So adorable! Get 'em started young!
such a fun series, Erin! She did a good job on her shot of you.... she's a natural. Must get that from her momma.
did she take that last picture?!!!!
the reason she closes her eyes is because if you look at someone else taking a photo (from the view of pigbear) it looks like everyone has their eyes closed (look at the pic of you!) and so she just doesn't realize to open one of the eyes!!! so cute!
What a great series. YOU are so brave my dear, so brave, but Sarah seems to be a natural. Love her picture of you.
HA! absolutely!
Priceless. These are so great. She is such a mini you.
I'm so behind on PB that I had to "backtrack" - omg!
Looks like PB could give me some pointers on the Rebel. Although I'd say I've got my chimping move down already ;)
Ha. I love A.K.'s comment. I never thought about that before ;)
Cute.
Oh how cute is that!
Is she already in manual or you got her on the green box?
:)
green box all the way! note the pop-up flash too. =)
Can't wait to see more of Sarah's pictures....eyes of a child captured in picture, does it get much better. Amy
That is great! You are a brave soul, but then again, Sarah is a great listener and she knows how to handle fragile things!
Speaking of focus, for Sarah did you have the Rebel set on "auto point focus" or "manual point focus". . . she really did nail it! (And I have the same question for your self portraits. . . I'm thinking of "The Fam" post with your self-snapped shot of you & Sarah)?
Okay, I just saw your other reply about full auto mode. . . but what about your self portraits?
Yep, Amy, THE FAM pics were in auto too. The ones laying on the grass...that's what you're talking about, right?
Those are great, I just got the 5d last week!! So my 12 year old is itching to get my rebel, we'll have to get it fixed first, though. Hey I have a photography question for you do you shoot in Raw? My sister-n-law is trying to convince me and I've done a couple of shoots in Raw, but I find that they are a lot more grainy.
Good job mom!! I'm glad you found it in you to pass it on. This will make her appreciate what you do much more - and you can trade her shots to get her to cooperate. Plus, we're going to have a whole other set of E photos to check out!!
LOVE these so so MUCH!
tara
The film doesn't fall far from the camera bag!
so precious. i posted mine for sale today. i'm ready to give it up and move on!
can you rub it in our faces how many people visit your blog......that's UNREAL, girl!
Post a Comment