Monday, June 16, 2008

the icing on the father's day cake

Well, for me at least.

Pictures of my three favorite peeps, hanging out and loving on each other.

I feel like Pi'bears has a little red riding hood thing going on in these shots. You think? Once she gets over her hatred of my camera (it's coming, I can feel it) we're definitely doing this whole outfit again. And maybe a sweater? Oh yeah, definitely a sweater. =) In the fall.



Yep, we were at a cemetery. I love it there.
Buddy Ro-boat (you didn't get the memo? it's one of his new nicknames...) loves it anywhere. He just loves life, that kid.
And I just love our life.

23 comments:

Kristi said...

That light is amazing, Erin!! And the family is pretty dang awesome as well :)

Shari said...

These images are BEAUTIFUL!!

Shari
www.sharianderic.com

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

gorgeous pics!

Jenn McPherson said...

I think these are some of my favorites you taken (and I think I have stared at them all). They are great. You continue to inspire me daily. Just when I get blah, I come here and am ready to tackle some inspiration of my own. You're my caffeine! Ha! Thanks again for Friday. It was priceless.

Anonymous said...

that's a good lookin' gang!

now back to making that order... can't make up my mind... keep changing things around... too many good choices. it's a good problem to have! :)

Dave said...

Looks like you had a great Fathers day B. love the black and white at the bottom, great shot E. ~Dave

Amy said...

Once again, wonderful shots from your secret little spot. . . hopefully you had it all to yourselves this time! ;-)

Love that kangaroo seat. That just might be in Hayden's future. You always come up with the best gift ideas!

Anonymous said...

these are just adorable erin...i love them all but especially the last two.

I'm passing on the "make my day" award to you...check out my blog for details :)

vanessa said...

Absolutly beautiful. My favorite is the second picutre, adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous pictures... I love that cemetary, too. It's so PEACEFUL there. Have you seen it in the spring? Most of the trees are dogwoods and it's beautiful...

Diana said...

What stunning photos! You captured the father/daughter and father/son moments perfectly.

Neurotic Atty said...

Wonderful photos! You have such a gift!

Lana Voeller Photography said...

as usual you pics are beautiful.. Love the secret location. found one like that out in the middle of no where but my DH said that he didn't know if it was a good idea... Anyway I love it ... and you are so right about the red riding hood thing.. forsure in the fall.. i will keep watching for those... love your blog Erin it is full of sunshine to fill my day.. Beautiful Family.. and the lighting on these ones with the sun amazing...

Robin said...

what a beautiful day to spend such a special day! love, love, love this set of pics! thanks for sharing.

Jen E. said...

wow. the sun. that lighting. those are just gorgeous.
love the shot of your boy and hubby looking right at each other! too cute!

mindy~ree said...

wow...these are STUNNING!!! I'm really dying to know what your settings were on the ones with the sun behind them with the trees...it is GORGEOUS and everything is so evenly lit...how did you accomplish this?! please share your secret knowledge with me!!!! :)

This post is so sweet...your family is beautiful and I love the way you talk about them!!!

Rebecca said...

I love how much you love your fam. It's awesome and shines through more than the sun in these shots. :)

erin said...

Wow, thank you guys. If you only knew how inspired and buoyed I am by your words...

Mindy, I looked up my setting real quick for the first shot (and all the others follow somewhere closely) and they were: iso400, f/4.0, ss 1/320. I've been really trying to work on my backlit shots lately and these were a bit more of a challenge because there wasn't quite as much tree filtering the light as I'm used to using. It gave them a bit more haze than I was after but I kind of like it. Then again the really anal side of me kind of hates it so go figure! Anyway, when you're trying to backlight with sunflare like this be sure to play around with the position of your camera and body. Even the *slightest* movements to the left-right, top-bottom will yield completely different results. Just keep wiggling the camera until you get the look you're after and grab the shot quickly.

Again, thank you guys!

mindy~ree said...

Erin, thank you SO much for responding to my question!! You are the best!!! Here's a big 'ole online bear hug for you!! ;) lol

Janalee said...

Seriously. Do you know how many photographers are stingy with their info? And here you go, giving it all your secrets, settings, kits and caboodles. I love it.

Jeanelle said...

Beautiful! The lighting is amazing! Great job!

erin said...

Janalee, thank you for saying that. I'm glad that there are people here who can use some of the info I've gleaned over the years. I've freely learned all that I know so I'm all about freely sharing it as well! =)

Anonymous said...

I second Janalee's comment and gratitude that you are kind enough to share your photography tips with us. I am trying to learn and this blog has become a source of learning and inspiration for me!! Well that and also because I just enjoy the adorable pictures!! Thank you!!
Mary V