Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ten on tuesday: half and half edition

Half pictures-half random stuff. Here we go.

1. If you don't already follow Life in Motion you should. She's another fun, friendly, fabulous photographer mom with young'uns. And she likes to share. (and who doesn't love a girl who likes to share?!) Just the other day she shared a neat action for creating rounded corners on your photos. Check it out here. Thanks Lyndsay!

2. ahhhh...my baby love...



3. A super-kind and concerned reader brought to my attention that Sarah's bike helmet is improperly fitted in this post. I guess I knew it was a tad too big but didn't realize just how badly it fit her. She linked me up with an awesome site that helps you determine how to properly fit your child's (and your own) helmet. Check it out here. Thank you Sharon!

4. More of my sweet baby love...



5. While we're on the subject of safety and such let's hit another topic. Fire safety. Remember sweet Jeanelle who hosts the actions for us? Her home caught on fire several months ago. You can read about it here. Thankfully her daughter was not in the house but she and her husband were asleep when it happened. I promised here a while ago that I would post a reminder for all of you and it totally slipped my mind until just now. Check your house and make sure you have a smoke detector in every room. It's not enough to have one in the hallway. EVERY.ROOM. As soon as I read her story we rushed out and purchased three new ones so that all of our rooms are now covered.

6. And here he is again...oh how I love that soft baby skin!



7. I want to paint my living room yellow. Reading this will be the first time Brent hears that idea. Hey babe, I want to paint the living room yellow. =) When you start communicating with your spouse via blog I think it may be time to revisit yesterday's mama monday!

8. Oh my...the toes, the toes!



9. Sarah will be leaving on Saturday to spend an unprecedented FIVE NIGHTS away from home. I'm sort of freaking out. Okay, I'm majorly freaking out. She's heading to her Nana and Grandaddy's house and I know she'll have a ball but, FIVE NIGHTS(?!), what was I thinking?

10. I couldn't decide between b/w or color...so I guess this is technically 10 1/2 on Tuesday.


Have a great week friends!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mustard yellow it is! Yummmm.

Anonymous said...

I love Life in Motion. I checked Lindsay's blog almost everyday. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

In your reference to fire safety, when my son was around 3 or 4 he became terribly afraid that the house was going to catch fire and he couldn't get out - after a few sleepless nights I decided to take him to the fire station and he talked with a fireman and he just stressed with him that he needs to know how to get out of the house and where we have a meeting place outside of the house . We taught him how to get out of his bedroom window and where our meeting place would be along with the other safety issues.

vanessa said...

Total cuteness!

Anonymous said...

I love to paint! I generally wait until my husband goes out of town for a couple of days and surprise him when he gets back. So no, he gets to say in my color choices.

I'm a fire freak - totally paranoid. I have them in every room (what good does it do to have them in the hallway outside the bedroom if they sleep with the door closed and the fire breaks out in the bedroom?) AND in the attic and under the house (where the heating unit is). Plus the garage! Every 6 months I head to Costco and buy a huge pack of 9v batteries and set about changing them all. Yes, I am definitely paranoid about fire.

All the pics are gorgeous! I prefer color so you can see his rosey skin!!! Good luck with your Pigbear free time! Think you'll last the entire 5 days???

J.J. said...

look at all that hair he's got! have to check that new blog!

Anonymous said...

Baby Eph is such a doll!

Love the yellow color choice... we too have had yellow walls and they are friendly and fun!

Can't wait to hear about Sarah's great adventure!

Heidi said...

Hello,
I don't know any of you personally but I wanted to share a sad but very true story in regards to the fire safety issue.
About a week before I gave birth to my youngest(Dec.'06) our power went out due to a very large storm and two broken power poles. The power was out all over the area and ours was the last to be fixed. We got it back on the afternoon of the fourth day. That night we were so glad just to shower and cook and clean, etc., etc..
However, the next night I woke up around two a.m. and could not fall asleep so I got up and wandered the house for awhile before settling on the couch and turning on the t.v. for a while. I was awake for three hours and felt very restless. I thought it was due to late pregnancy and very well may have been.
The next day I got the news that our neighbors' house just around the bend in the road(we lived in the country)had caught fire in the night. I had no idea until my husband drove to work and called to say, "Wow, Honey Jason's house is burnt. It's really bad. They have his driveway blocked off and there's nothing left of the house except part of the framework." I told him I had been really uncomfortable in the night and he wondered if it had been the smoke bothering me.
I did some asking around to see if anyone knew what had happened. I discovered the sad news. My neighbor, his wife, and their five-month-old son had died that night in the house fire while sleeping in their bed. It was ivestigated and ruled an electrical fire. I was so upset that I had been awake probably while it was happening and didn't even notice anything amiss.
I am telling this story because I, too am paranoid about fires and because they were very nice people and I think they would want others to learn from their tragedy.
So, everybody make sure you have smoke alarms in all your rooms and if you have an older house you may want to have someone inspect or replace your electrical.

On a happier note, those pictures of your little guy just make me want to melt. My youngest(I have two boys) is 18 months now and I am gettin' baby fever really bad!

Anonymous said...

Our kitchen is a yellow called Dijon by Benjamin Moore. We love it with our white cupboards.

Love the pics....almost makes me think of having another. Almost.

Anonymous said...

Erin, he is so precious!! He is getting big too fast!

Neurotic Atty said...

I love that baby face! I especially love the color pic at the end because it shows the yellow nose of a baby face that's been feasting on squash and carrots and sweet potatoes and such!

starfitch said...

I recommend Cornmeal by Pittsburgh Paint as a yellow. :-)

I've been reading Lyndsey's blog for a long time via the Nest...she's got a truly amazing story.

Another great fire safety tip is a safety ladder for those with a two-story home. Stores under the bed...just in case you can't get down the stairs.

My parents have lost two consecutive homes to fires so I'm UBER paranoid about fire.

Megan said...

I love Ephraim's eyes. They are just so beautiful. 5 whole days? I did that one time when we came looking for our house here in Colorado. I haven't spent more than two days away from them since. Better luck to you!

Terah said...

WooHoo! Rounded corners! I've been scouring the net for an action like this for the last 2 days!

That little man of yours is so very breath-taking!

What?! You're gonna get rid of your perfect-shade-of-blue walls? (: I have yellow and LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome! As always, gorgeous pictures and gorgeous subject!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - love that second photo of BuddyRo! Gorgeous shots as always!

Janelle Anderson said...

For moms who really want to make an impact on their toddlers about fire safety, take them to a Fire Station. We lucked out and went during a children's safety day this month so everything was set up for them to learn. Lucas (almost 3 years old) was able to see all the fire trucks, fire fighters and even go through a little class. We went into a model home where the fire fighters explained the fire alarm and what smoke would do in your home and how to crawl out. They had fake smoke, a real alarm and Lucas crawled under the smoke, up the stairs and out the window ladder. Now, every time we go into a building he points out where the fire alarm is, where the fire sprinklers are and all the "no smoking" signs. I was amazed at what an impact it made on him. Fires are too scary but talking about them with everyone in your family and having a plan (and good fire alarms) can really make a huge difference. Thanks for posting this Erin!!!

Love the baby photos...I can't wait to meet him. I just want to squeeze him because he's soo cute! I promise not to squeeze to hard! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new pics of Ephraim! He is looking so grown-up and handsome!

Jenn McPherson said...

Ok, these pictures make me want to drive back this Friday! He is so stinkin cute!

Kimberly said...

I love the blue that you have in your living room! I've been meaning to ask you what color it is!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I hope everyone likes the action :)

Cute pics of that baby too ;)

Jeanelle said...

Thanks for the fire post, Erin!

Jennifer is exactly right, that's why you need a smoke alarm in every room. If you sleep with the door closed, it does no good for the darned thing to be in the hallway! The damage will be done by the time the smoke seeps out.

Heidi - your story breaks my heart. Fire has always been my worst fear, and when it happened to us, I was in total shock.

We are/were very lucky that it wasn't worse.

So, if it hasn't been said enough...go buy smoke alarms and do the little test check as often as you can remember to!