Friday, April 21, 2006

my girls minus one

Last night we had book club at Samantha's to discuss Bee Season by Myla Goldberg. It was interesting. Bizzare. Slightly disturbing. The group was pretty evenly split on who liked it and who loved it. I was firmly in the "like" camp. I was wishing for an entirely different second half of the book. Too bad adults don't read "choose your own ending" adventures anymore. I would have liked to choose my own ending.

Anyway, here is my bookclub that I love, love, love. Jodi is absent from the picture since she moved to Philadelphia a few months back but she still "phones in", as she did last night. It's so great to hear her voice and laugh with her but it's also sad to have a cell phone sitting in the spot where she should be. I guess that's what we get for starting a book club full of military girls.



from left to right, top to bottom: Gina, Susie, Samantha, Jennifer, Pigbear's Momma, Liz, Amy, Brandy. Love you girls!

5 comments:

A.K. said...

How fun! what a blessing to have those girls in your life who you can relate with all being married to men in the military. I love reading your blogs on groups like this- gets me excited about possibly being able to take part in something like this one day... :)

Terry said...

They are a fun group and even welcome Pigbear Grama's when they are in town. Thanks ladies!
Love, Terry

Anonymous said...

Finally Erin :), been checking the blog all morning to see how the piture turned out. Had a blast last night, as usual. Terry you are welcome to join book club anytime! Gina

J.J. said...

what a gorgeous bunch of friends...so fun:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, who are those gorgeous women? It looks like a over-dressed preview for the next SI swimsuit issue ;)
"Anonymous Admirer"
miss you, Jodi!!