Wednesday, April 19, 2006

a few things

My dear cousin Jared reminded me just yesterday that the little moments in life are what make our existence so meaningful. The cup of hot chocolate, the feel of your child's sweet little hand on your face, the coolness of your pillow when you first slide into bed. Little things make up our lives. There's a quote that I've always loved that says "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." So true.

I'm trying desperately to document the little moments in the life of my family, hoping that Sarah (and all the pigbears to come) will look back and know that they are loved and that God is good. This blog is helping me to do that. So is my pretty pink calendar that I LOVE. I bought it at the end of '05 with the intention of jotting down notes each day of the things we did, important milestones, things that made me smile. Then I lost it. Until two weeks ago. It was hiding behind a row of books on the bookshelf. Stinks that I lost four months in my pretty pink calendar but I think it was also a gift because now I'm even more determined to write in it everyday.

I also love scrapbooking the little moments. The things I don't want to forget. The things I want Sarah to know. There are tons of super sites that I pillage for ideas but I rarely post my work. I get too caught up in what other people think my pages should look like, rather than how I want to remember my moments. They're mine. I scrap them my way. But I thought I'd share a few of my latest favorites with you all...




5 comments:

Lori Grimes said...

Deed, you’re an awesome scrapbooker. I can't wait to get their so you can show me some new tricks. 6 More Days!

A.K. said...

Can I just say that I think you are one of the best mom's ever and Sarah is soo lucky to have you as her mom! It's been so great getting to know each other especially over the blogs...Give Sarah a big kiss from her two biggest fans in Hokieland!!!

Terry said...

Sarah is beautiful but set against the background of your beautiful layouts she is even more so.

I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Erin your scape booking is awesome. wish I had the time and patience to do the beautiful work you do. See you tonight. Gina

J.J. said...

whoa erin! they are awesome! got on here from MN cause i missed seeing sarah's face and lo and behold you are posting pages now!!! what a treat - they are really awesome!