Tonight we took a stroll down the street, picked up a couple of neighbor kids on the way, and headed to the park. There were tons of "big kids" there (we're talking preschoolers) that Sarah was enthralled with. I brought bubbles for her to enjoy but, as it turns out, the "big kids" chased the bubbles and Sarah preferred watching the kids over watching the bubbles. And eating the grass. That was a big hit.


When we headed home we still had plenty of time before bed so I strapped her into her new porch swing and spent some time pushing her. Let me rephrase that. I originally sat her down on the porch to play with me but she kept looking over her shoulder at the swing and whining. I'm smart enough to know what that means. So we did the swing thing. And as she was flying through the air a little girl rode by on her tricycle with her mother in tow. As she pedaled down the street she yelled over her shoulder to her mother, "Mommy! Look at that baby on that baby swing! I wish I had one of those when I was a baby!" Poor, deprived dear in her leopard print cowgirl hat. Sarah, I'll say it again. You're one lucky girl, baby swing and all.

5 comments:
Sarah is precious Just a Swangin! I hope the fact that she is eating grass doesnt mean she is sick.!:)
soo cute! glad to see once she got home you let her get down to the bare minimum like we all know she loves the best!!! great pictures! wishin' we had no bugs as I sit here and scratch my 7 new bugbites from the river this weekend!
Seems Sarah enjoys the swing as much at home as she did at Grama and Grandad's -- glad to see that! Can't wait to push her some in a few weeks.
Great pics. Love those baby rolls!
Erin, I'm glad you didn't buy a swing while you were here! You were eyeing them at K-Mart. Way to go, Grama!
. . . do you REALY not have bugs?!
Post a Comment