Sunday, June 11, 2006

she's not getting a pony

Sarah was a dream baby for our entire vacation. Over the two weeks she slept in various rooms, cribs, and strollers, she ate on the run, she smiled at a bazillion strangers, and she spent lots of time in her carseat. She was a dream. I told her that if she would just continue that streak through our plane ride home then her daddy would get her a pony.

The pony offer is off the table. Let's just say that the two and a half hours from Atlanta to Denver were so atrocious that we promptly came home, called United, and cancelled the long weekend trip to Chicago that we were planning to take in a few days. The good news is that Sarah slept until 7:00am this morning which puts Sarah and her daddy in negotiations for a smaller pony, perhaps a Shetland.

I've spent a lot of today wading through the 1,000+ pictures I took on our vacation. I think I have a disease. However, I've found some real jewels. I'll post them tomorrow. For now, here's a shot of Sarah, nestled on her Grandaddy's knee, listening to Goodnight Moon. It just doesn't get any better than that.


10 comments:

Megan said...

So sorry to hear about your plane ride. Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and that you had a wonderful time on your trip. Can't wait to see more pictures!

J.J. said...

oh so precious! can't wait to see the rest! (don't be like me and SAY you're going to post them and then don't get around to it)

sorry about your ride home. we all have one of those, i guess. hope that was your ONE!

Lori Grimes said...

Sorry to hear about the plane ride I've had a few of those myself. I think you should at least buy her a puppy!

A.K. said...

it's pictures like that that make her screaming and crying all better! how precious!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more....it doesn't get any better than having your grandbaby on your lap. Thanx for the primo spot on your blog, and we're expecting to you to live up to your promise of more pix!
Love
Granddaddy
P.S. ...so what do I do with the newly-completed barn...???

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter, because Sarah really wants a kitty anyway.

Terry said...

I can bring Cali with me, she loves dogs much more than ponies! Love, Grama

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the bear came out in pigbear...but, I agree, she's still a princess so she deserves a puppy at least =)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all ok, and we do have to go through things as you did with your plane adventure. It comes down to, just learning from what comes to us, on a daily basis.
Now, don't buy a puppy unless you want the "Big" responsiblity to keep it, pay attention to it, and most of all...love it. All and all, a dog can and will be the best friend you can have...as far a a pet.
Take Sarah to the Zoo, and see her reaction to the animals...better than that, a kennel or pet store.
Love you...

Anonymous said...

The last two days I have awakened to silence instead of the happy squealing of the pigbear...that makes me soooo sad! I miss you all something fierce!
Love the grandaddy/pigbear picture.
Can't wait til we see you all again. We had a blast!
><