In true Sarah and Caroline form the girls spent the hour-long and waaaay past bedtime ride back from the aiport holding hands and screaming, "let's be WILD KIKI!!!" and "look Ms. Erin, we're WILD!!!". Both phrases were uttered by both girls which tells you just how tiredly wild and confused they were.
Some other phrases heard out of their mouths during our four day stay:
"Caroyine's my best friend."
"Kiki Clark! Sarah Clark!"
"Ephraim's such a sweeeeeet boy" (about a zillion times from Caroline who is officially smitten with my son)
"This house smells like bootie." (nice. Apparently Sarah can't distinguish between yummy slow-cooked corned beef and bootie.)
"Is Caroline coming to our house now?" (as we approach the airport for our long ride home. Sigh.)
And my personal favorite, Sarah's dinnertime prayer last night upon arriving home and showering her daddy with hugs and kisses...
"Thank you God for going to Caroyine's house. Amen."
Yep. Amen.




I have tons and tons and tons more pictures but I also have a lot of catching up around here to do so I'll just have to post here and there over the next few days!
11 comments:
OMG! So adorable!
They look like they are having SO MUCH FUN!
I can still hear their giggles and screams. . .
So cute to see those two playing around. Jeremiah and I have heard so many times that our hands are full and it doesn't seem to matter where we are or what we are doing. I feel like saying, "Really? I hadn't noticed. Do you want to help since we aren't handling them well?" Silly people. I hope you have some pictures of the pregnant lady too!
Keep those sweet photos coming! They will be friends for life....as you keep them together. Remember, "absense makes the heart grow stronger!"
Love to you all...
aw!!!!!! those were just too cute and making me so happy! love it! it is just like kelsea being here!
Those two look like they had a great time being together again. Awesome photos as always. Am thinking Caroline is looking a little more like her Mommy....
Colleen W.
Miss you.
awh, man, you jerked another tear out of me. SO glad you got to take this trip!
Aw, so sweet the two of them are! Fun seeing pictures of Caroline again--she's gotten so much hair!
"Smells like bootie"? That's hilarious!!! Glad they picked up right where they left off! And you should have said "Yeah, I'm glad I left the other 3 at home!" in response to the kindly coments!! Glad you made it back safely.
THAT just captured the true essence of childhood friendship right there. :) It took me back to days with my best friend when I was that age. And, wouldn't it be so nice to live and love that fully, so unreserved, now as an adult!!?
Post a Comment