Wednesday, March 26, 2008

disney day one

Ah, the recap. Here we go.

Arrived in Orlando in the middle of the night on Thursday. Actually Friday. About an hour away from our final destination we had to stop for gas which woke both pajama-ed babies up. Ephraim started fussing on and off and Sarah spent the next hour rousing from sleep every 5 minutes to calm him down. She was on a continuous half-asleep dialogue loop that went something like this: "it's okay buddy. it's okay. it's okay buddy. it's okay. it's okay. it's okay to go to disneyworld. it's okay. it's okay buddy." Man they were both such troopers.

We stayed with Amy's parents who are amazing. I'll never again wonder where Amy got her insanely hospitable spirit. And as I uploaded all four memory cards last night I realized I don't have a single picture of either of them. What was I thinking? Sometimes I really bug myself.

Anyway, we got up early Friday morning and spent the day lazing around. After Sarah's nap (her one and only nap in an actual bed for the entirety of our six day vacation) we loaded up and headed to the Magic Kingdom, just the four of us. Here you go...





Buddy-Ro doing what he does best - being chill...

the monorail. and the first glimpse of Cinderella's castle...

the harried mama rifling through bags of stuff and food and diapers and cameras...

the fun daddy...

the crazy, silly Pi'bears...



but, of course, the day ended as all toddler days at Disney surely do...



with a fussy, tired kiddo...




Ah, the happiest place on earth.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the World of Disney. We went a year or two ago and I summed it up by saying "Only my family could make the happiest place on earth miserable". (I think the hubby was the worst, but that generally goes without saying.)

Can't wait to hear about Day Two!!

starfitch said...

Awww. That last shot really made me smile. We hardly ever see sad Sarah and she's just as cute as silly happy Sarah! Can't wait to see more of the trip.

Kim said...

haha that last shot really made me smile! We just got back from the Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago and our day ended with our 17 month old passed out cold in her stroller and not waking for anything!

I bet Sarah had a blast seeing the princesses though.Can't wait to hear about day 2...

mandy said...

Yay! Your back! Get yourselves over here & give us every detail!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun trip! Great to see you in some photos too! You are looking great! Can't wait to see more from your trip.
Colleen W.

{The Tresslers} said...

I've been very excited about this post! I can't wait to bring my girls to DW (they are way too young yet but someday soon!). Anyway, I have no idea how to travel with a child (or two) and am looking forward to hearing your dos and don'ts and travel suggestions with kiddos (maybe an idea for "mama mondays!"). Looking forward to reading more!!

Megan said...

Sarah does look like she enjoyed herself. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Shana-Lynn said...

Aww...looks like a fun trip!!

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun!

AND I've never seen Sarah looking unhappy!! Good to know she has her moments like all the rest of the toddlers in the universe! :)

L said...

your pictures are great, i wish i had brought my big camera, but we are past the stroller stage and i just didn't want to lug it around. i had to use my daughters point and shoot and it is not high quality.

Kimberly said...

You know, that's the 1st pic of Sarah that I remember seeing where she's upset! But i can't blame her, too much disney can be hard on anyone! I bet you guys had a BLAST!

the larsons said...

Been missing you over here. So glad to see photos. Is it just me or is Ephraim's hair getting darker?

Want to connect with you soon about our trip there in May!

Glad you're back safely!

Shari said...

YAY - I have been watching for your Disney recap. I can't wait to hear about day two. Great photos of the first day!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - cute shots. Glad to see you had a great time!

liz said...

fussy, tired, and sweaty. Just like me when I went a couple years ago!

Amanda said...

Looks like a good day at Disney! Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time!