My fun-loving cousin Lori spent the last 3 days with us, sleeping on our couch and swearing off text messages for 96 hours. Apparently this is no small feat for a 20 year old girl these days. (Did I just say "these days"...sheesh...how OLD am I???) Lori works her behind off three night-shifts a week at an emergency 24 hour animal clinic and is also in school full-time working towards being a vet. Her love of animals SO did not translate to me. And I'm not sure my love of babies translated to her either. The girl who isn't the least bit squeamish about all manner of pet nastiness wouldn't dare put a hand on my belly during my pregnancy b/c feeling the baby move was "gross". She's just a little crazy that way. :)
Sarah's pretty much obsessed with her and would like for her to start living on our couch, I think. I don't think Brent and I would really mind either since she was awfully good company during the Project Runway finale last night and pretty much every other minute she was here too.
We sent her home today armed with packages of her two new favorite foods: edamame and couscous. Okay, maybe they're not her favorites but she
did try them and she
did like them and she didn't even wince when I suggested she take some home and wow her friends and family with how healthy and yuppie she is now after her visit to DeeDee's.
Love you kid...you're welcome here any time.
5 comments:
Lori, your hair is just beautiful! Who knew you could actually grow your hair longer than a pixie cut! Love you, kiddo! Aunt Terry
Wow a vet!! That's gotta be one tough and often times sad job...but someone's gotta do it! Go Lori! And maybe I missed it but how did you get the nickname DeeDee???
Lori,
You are definitely welcome anytime. Even if you drink all my cream sodas.
Brent
Totally not the point of your post, but did you know that I JUST learned what Yuppies stood for? (Young, urban professionals)
I always thought it was just a funny word and like it because it sounded like puppies.
whoa. i definitely don't think alla's aunt could go that long without texting:)
Post a Comment