Thursday, March 27, 2008

day two of the magic

Animal Kingdom day today. My favorite of all the parks. As a non animal lover I'm not sure why I dig Animal Kingdom so much but I do. The Shertzers were living on Shertzer time which put them at the park an hour or so after we arrived so the four Cobbs kicked the day off with a viewing of It's Tough To Be A Bug...a fun little 3-d movie. Well, fun if you're Brent or me. Unbelievably terrifying if your Pi'bears. A yawner if you're Ephraim.

After that we met up with the Shertzers and headed to the safari ride. It's quite jostling which put Hayden and Ephraim right to sleep. Sarah was all ears when the driver shouted to "hold on tight" and she grabbed the most secure thing she could find...

there was a lot of this going on...
I have to say that Amy's getting pretty rockin' with the camera herself. She's a fast learner. And a fast runner. More on that another day.
oh, wildlife photographer I am not...
had a little lunch on the go...
Did a little drumming...
a little growling...
Caught up with ol' Mickey Mouse...
And tried our best to enjoy and document every moment...
Wah-LA! Day Two!

16 comments:

Brandie said...

Hi, I'm a cousin of Christi's in Hunstville and saw your link from her page. You take AMAZING pictures. What kind of camera is that in your pic from Disney world? I'm looking to get a new camera and thought you might have a suggestion?

Brandie

erin said...

Thanks Brandie! I shoot with the Canon 5d...you can read more info about my photography and such in a couple of links in the sidebar of the blog. "Your Questions, Answered." Have fun!

Megan said...

I love that Ephraim is kind of oblivious to the whole disney experience and that Sarah looks a little skeptical of Mickey. Nice Day 2!

The Runyans said...

i was looking at your photo a day.........you dress them so so cute! she's....aka sarah......is one of those girls that i'd love to show up at a shoot and shoot!! super cute and awesome clothes!!!!
glad you had a good time!

Shannon K. said...

Oh man, shoulda warned you about the 3D shows. We tried a few at Disneyland and Katie was TERRIFIED! I felt like the worst parent. They always have to put some scary animal darting at you like a snake or a vicious bug. Hopefully she's not scarred for life!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Looks like you had a blast! Tired kiddos and all. Glad your back safe and sound.

Kelley said...

What a precious family! Glad y'all had a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Jen E. said...

What FUN photos! you really documented your time there so well! I love that you take SO many photos while on vacation..I am a photographer but tend to leave the camera home for those family outings, or just bring the point and shoot because I don't want to carry the "big" camera around! anyway, it looks like your family had a blast...these photos are making ME want to drive down to Orlando and do the same! :)
p.s. Any idea where your friend Amy got her camera strap? I love it, mine is just the boring Canon one that the cam came with.

erin said...

Well yes Jen, as a matter of fact I DO know where she got the camera strap...from me! :) It was her birthday gift this year and I got it from a seller on etsy named ManonD...check her out here...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5216706

Amy said...

LOVE these photos! I promise to get mine up before the end of the weekend (you're putting me to shame with your quick turn-around! In my defense, we did just arrive home at 9:30 p.m. tonight!) I have the companion photos to many of your pics. Can't wait to post them!

{The Tresslers} said...

Wow, Amy looks like a professional with that camera! Great pics! I love Disney...and the Animal Kingdom is truly amazing! Thanks for the great reminder with these posts!!

J.J. said...

see how out of the loop i am...didn't even know you were at disney! so impressed you're posting from there? or are you back. too much for me to try and figure out:) but what a fun trip to take altogether!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I want to go to Disney! Glad you all have a good time!

Shari said...

Such great pictures! LOVE the one with Mickey!! I can't wait to hear about day three! Ü

Jen E. said...

Erin, thank you so much for the info on the etsy seller,..i'm SO getting one of them, love it!

jen