Friday, March 07, 2008

let's kick off the weekend with some randomness!

You know you love my random posts. Hush. You know you do.

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY...BOSTON HERE WE COME! Besides being just the slightest bit nervous about two flights connected by a short one hour layover with a potty-training toddler and a squirmy three month old I'm super stoked about our trip. To add to our frenzied level of excitement about seeing Sam and Caroline (oh, and you too Stevie) we get the added bonus of hanging with Amy and baby Hayden for two of the nights we're there since they extended their east coast trip by a couple of days to see us. If I promise to have tons and tons of fun pictures of crazed babies to post when I get back will you promise not to hate me for this short blogging hiatus? Good. Then it's settled. See you Thursday or something like that.

In the meantime check out some of the new fun stuff in the sidebar. I've been adding things over the last few weeks that maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't. First, there's a link to all my old banners. That's a fun trip down memory lane. Okay, well it is for me at least. I hate that I can't find the black and white one of the squealing pigbear when she was about 4 months old. Does anyone remember that one? I realize most of you haven't been with me that long which makes me wish even more that I could find that one.


I digress. Back to the sidebar. The links to my free actions are over there too so if you haven't picked those up be sure to do that and play till your heart's content. And directly above those are a bunch of links to my photography stuff. Only about 28 of you per day realize that I have a separate photography business blog (I told you I love my sitemeter). Or maybe you know I have it but you got tired of checking it because I ceased posting about a year ago. Well I'm picking back up again so be sure to check that out. If you're too lazy to scroll down the sidebar just use this. I got to photograph a super-cute newborn today so I'll try to get some of those up before I head out of town.

Also, I've recently added a "how to" section with links to blog posts that I get questions about a lot. And there's a Mama Monday section over there too that I'm hoping will grow pretty quickly. I'll take this week off since I'll be in Boston but we'll have the second installment the following Monday. How about children's book recommendations for our next topic? I've got a bunch and I'm sure you do too.

I guess that just about wraps up my randomness for now. I'll leave you with this little guy who is all about his hands these days. Hence the nose scabbies.

18 comments:

Megan said...

Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see pictures when you get back.

jeri hoag said...

great bath photo! great color! Mine always turn out too yellow. I have to ask what lense did you use?

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!! I'll be bored without your blog to brighten up my days... Bring back lots of pics!!

Anonymous said...

hope you don't get delayed or stuck in an airport. We have had TONS of snow today and it isn't done yet!! We probably have had at least 10 inches since 8 a.m. today. Love the pictures

Cathy Bolander said...

Enjoy Boston. Great photo. My sisters commented that your baby looks a lot like my new baby.

erin said...

Hi Jeri. I used the 50mm for this shot as well as my external flash. I should also add that this was shot in my kitchen, not my bathroom. Bathrooms can give you all sorts of weird light if you don't have a good window or it's after dark and you're just relying on ambient light. Make sure to set a custom white balance if your camera allows that and you should have a lot more luck. I didn't do that for this shot but using an external flash helps even out weird casts a bit. Then with a little PS color balancing magic it was almost as good as real life. Good luck!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Have a good trip and I LOVE the idea of book recommendations. I'm book obsessed and always looking for good things to read to the kids -and myself. Now that Ashley is beginning to read a little I would love good recommendations for beginner readers for her!

Anonymous said...

Erin - you couldn't be any more cute if you tried. And yes, I certainly do love your random posts, they always make me smile.

Have a great trip to Boston and I can't wait to see all the fun pictures when you come back.

J.J. said...

aw you gotta love the bath pics! have a GREAT trip seeing sam and amy...PLEASE all of you do some kind of labor dance for me so i'm not still pregnant when you get back.

starfitch said...

In the interest of the sidebar then, I must kindly point out that your profile needs updated to include the sweetest little boy alive too. :-)

Have a great time with your friends!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I'm only 3 hours north of Boston, how about a photo shoot?:)
Sarah, Bennett, Maddie

erin said...

Cathy, I checked out your site and I have to say that I think I agree!

J.J., we've already got you covered! Been sending good thoughts since we got here last night.

And yes, my sidebar profile is in desperate need of attention!

Sarah, I'm so ignorant about the northeast...I had NO IDEA you were so close. Seriously, next time we're here I'd love to see you guys if you're willing to drive down for some time. My camera would love to capture my sweet little friends!

Jen said...

I just wanted to say that you have the cutest children and your photos are so inspiring! Your cloth diapering info definitely makes me want to try it for our second baby...my husband wouldn't consider it until I showed him the video! Thanks

sherri said...

I love reading your posts! Its true, lol. Beautiful images as always...and I hope you have a wonderful trip!

liz said...

I remember that old banner!

Diana said...

I live in Boston, Erin, so hello to you! I hope you enjoy your trip to Beantown (although it's been a little cold here lately)!

The Runyans said...

I've stopped by numerous times in the last few days..

I hope you all are ok!

The Runyans said...

DUH??
you are still on your trip...
i'm loosing it!