
That song kept looping through my head as I worked on this picture of Buddy-Ro. Have I mentioned before that I'm just the slightest bit obsessed with him?
While in Boston last week Samantha kept drilling me with questions like "do you honestly love him as much as you love Sarah?" and "who would you save in a fire if you could only save one of them?" All I could do was smile and nod and swear to her with every ounce of my being that the love you have for your second is just as intense and mind-boggling as what you feel for your first. She'll find out for herself in a matter of days when her own sweet obsession arrives. And J.J. will know even sooner than that. The intensity of my need to bury my face into his sweet chubby neck folds is as strong as it was and is for Sarah every day of her life. It's as simple as that.
Anything you want, Ephraim McCray. You got it.
12 comments:
Yikes! That post should have come with a warning. I'm leaving you with some major baby fever!!! :) He's just too sweet (and so is she!). How lucky they are to have such a loving, enthusiastic mama.
I know that feeling. Several of us at work were all pregnant with our second and we talked about how could we possibly love another child with that all encompassing love you have with your first.
And then you give birth again and it slams you just as hard and just as all consuming.
When my girlfriend walked into my birthing room and saw me holding Colton she said "I now have the answer".
Love always multiplies, it never divides.
Sweet picture by the way, love those chubby thighs!
This post just makes me smile. . .all of it! The beautiful photo, the conversations from last week, seeing you with Ephraim, and that little inkling of excitement I have for doing it all over again myself (despite totally loving where Hayden is right now!).
i can't wait.
Becca! I love that!
"Love always multiplies, it never divides."
It is too true!
Too funny. I never worried about loving another child as much as the first. And can anyone look at Ephraim and not be totally in love? He's the cutest baby I've ever seen.
His legs in that photo are so adorable, all chubby and cattywompus. There are moments when I'm with Meg and I think to myself,"how could I have ever doubted that I would feel these feelings for you?"
I just had to tell you something- it's even the SAME with the third baby- it's crazy -- all this love your heart bubbles over for these little ones.
That picture is yummy, girl!! :)
So glad to hear that things are well and full of love!!
i totally get it. my girls are 19 months apart and i didn't know i could love one as much as the first, but it just happens and it's so amazing! he's precious! but you are making me want a 3rd more than i already do!!!!!!
tara
gorgeous image - i love, love, love your pics (but of course, you know that already =)
Post a Comment