
Last night we were lucky enough to be invited to spend the night with Rich and Amy up at their condo in Winter Park. There are lots of reasons why this is considered a slam dunk way to spend a Friday night and Saturday. First of all, Amy is an amazing cook. She throws the most delicious things together in, literally, a matter of minutes and sets it before you with presentation that would make you believe she slaved for hours. We're talking things like eggplant and goat cheese sandwiches, smore ice cream sandwiches for dessert, cinnamon and stewed apple oatmeal in the morning, and crab and cream cheese wraps for lunch. Not to mention the artichoke dip with lots of yummies and the lettuce and arugula on the sandwiches that they grew themselves. I know there are those of you out there that have called me "little Martha Stewart" on occasion but, for real, I've got nothing on Amy.
After our drive up the mountain we relaxed in the evening with a Chinese subtitled movie, Hero. I'm not sure "relax" is the right word to describe what you're doing while you're reading the entire dialogue of a movie but, despite the subtitles, it was good. Good enough that even though we all fell asleep halfway through it, we got up and finished it this morning. We also took a little hike to an overlook and spent some time wandering around the town of Winter Park. It was definitely a great way to spend the weekend and since Rich and Amy claim they didn't hear Sarah's 2:00am screaming, we're hoping they'll invite us again.




Oh, let me also mention here that I think Sarah has her first boy crush. She thinks Mr. Rich is the greatest. Mainly because he spent much of the weekend forcing poor Maggie to lay down and be pinched, prodded, and pet by the Pigbear. You all know she's a sucker for puppy dogs.
9 comments:
Sounds like it was a great outing, and, having personally experienced Amy's expertise, in the kitchen, I'm sure you were well-fed!
It's great to have such great friends. Mazie was the same towards Ron when she was a baby. She was very fond of Rich as well. Beautiful pictures!
Looks like a fun outing, sounds like Rich and Amy's little one is gonna be one lucky kid!
Glad you had a good time and welcome back to the travelers (Rich and Amy)!
Love,
P.Cobb
I want a friend like Amy. None of my friends can cook or have a cool condo. Sounds like you all had a great time.
What a great get-away. Glad Sarah got some doggie time!
I love the picture of her drinking the yogurt -- buy she looks like such a big girl holding that cup...Can't wait to see you guys.
I guess this is the first time (but probably not the last!) I've had to point out that all so-called "boy crushes" of Princess Pigbear will have to be OK'd in advance by her Granddaddy. Now...what exactly do we know about this "Mr.Rich"....?????
so jealous!!! what a score...amy is an amazing cook - wish we could partake!!
Post a Comment