When we arrived to Mueller State Park Friday night we learned that there was a fire ban in effect and campfires weren't permitted. What a bummer! Brent (broken hand and all) got our tent up just in time for the sky to open up with an hour long rainstorm. Thank goodness the rainfly did it's job. What fun it was laying in our tent, listening to the rain patter on our shelter and watching the Pigbear roll around on the sleeping bag like camping was the best thing she's ever done in her life. She thought she'd won the jackpot with Mommy and Daddy's undivided attention - no TV, no laundry, no computer, no phones (with the exception of Charlotte's birth updates). And I think the best part for her was the sleeping. We made one big sleeping bag out of our two little ones and put Sarah smackdab in the middle. She loved it! Getting her to go to sleep was a different story. We both turned our back to her so she would get the message that we weren't playing anymore so she decided to try to get Daddy's attention. She kept patting him, squealing in his ear, squeaking, and babbling "dadadadadadada". It was everything we could do to keep from busting out laughing! She finally fell asleep and slept like a log while Brent and I tossed and turned for fear of smothering her, waking her, getting her too cold, keeping her too hot, and on and on and on.
After breakfast, a hike in the morning, and packing up camp it was time to head home. Can't wait for camping trip #2...maybe this time we'll recruit some of you to go with us!





8 comments:
Sarah, this is GeGe, darling...Tell mommy and daddy not to take you out in those woods again--did a mosquito bite you? I LOVE YOU!
--GeGe
Looks like our little pigbear had a fun time camping! That's the way to go -- mommy and daddy can do all the work and she gets to play and ride!
Looks like Sarah had a great time. The girls love camping out. It's nice to get out in nature once in a while!
Y'all are far braver than we are... Looks like it went well, though!!
"Sound like hell on earth" (inside joke between Deedee and I)
I'm jealous. The kids and I have not camped for two summers...
Love the photo of the "eye" and the "s". I probably would have walked right past without even noticing that.
OOOH! I want to go. One of my favorite Tavis-as-a-puppy memories is when we went camping for our anniversary. He was just 3 months old and had this cute little growl-bark at things that went crunch in the night :)
Liz
yay! wondered how the camping went!
Post a Comment