Sunday, July 23, 2006

the benefits of Grama...

Since my mom's here we've been taking advantage of her "services" which include...

1. free babysitting
2. cleaning the kitchen after dinner
3. loading, running, and unloading the dishwasher
4. someone to thrift with, yard sale with, and just hang out with (yadda yadda about not ending a sentence with a preposition...that wasn't technically a sentence)
5. taking the baby down to the "apartment" (the guest bedroom) which amounts to mommy ALONE time!

Might I add that the kitchen cleaning and dishwasher things are in no way enforced by me...she thinks she's earning her keep or something. I just let her go with it. Who am I to turn down a good thing?




Gotta love a Grama.

And here we are enjoying the luxury of free babysitting...





Didn't get a picture of the two of us so this will have to do...



Have a great Sunday. And Happy Anniversary Meghan and Dave. Happy Birthday Aunt Lu.

7 comments:

A.K. said...

love the picture of pigbear crawling under the chair thing.... i think i must have missed the explanation while we were gone at the beach or something... what happened to brent's arm?!!!

Lori Grimes said...

Thanks Deed,
There's nothing like having a Gramma around, the benefits are endless. I still remember all the things Gramma and Donna did for the boys and I...PRICELESS.

Megan said...

The picture of the two of you is great. I wouldn't have thought of that. It sure is nice to have extra hands around. My mom goes home tomorrow and the girls are already sad!

Dave said...

Those pictures are making us miss Grama already!! Im glad you and Brent got a fun date out of the deal...Oh, and thanks for the shout out!

J.J. said...

wow. makes me miss all of al's grandmas!!!! a picnic, huh! fun fun! and did you know the light in your house is AMAZING!

Susie said...

free babysitting, ahh... jealous. glad you two enjoyed yourselves ;)

Anonymous said...

Erin, you need to enlarge that photo of you - it's fabulous!!!