Tuesday, July 11, 2006

the spirit of Book Club

First of all, I can't get anything past you guys! Yes, the Pigbear had a haircut. Yes, I did it myself (while she was preoccupied with eating rice cakes). No, it wasn't her first haircut - we actually did a few snips back in March but this time it was seriously hanging in her eyes so it was much more substantial. So a big Pigbear smooch goes out to all 9 of you that were correct but especially to Megan and Daphne who were so quick on the draw- MWAH!

Now to the title of my post. About a month ago Samantha asked me to bring my camera to our next book club meeting to capture "the spirit" of the group. It's hard to capture the spirit when two of our members have already left (insert wailing here: we miss you JODI and JENNIFER) and another is about to say goodbye (boohoo Susie!). Here's my shot at it anyway. As you can see the spirit of the group encompasses a lot of good food, giggles, PJs, and conversation that shall not be mentioned here. Just trust me, it's always about the book.

Love you girls.




12 comments:

kwpershey said...

Oh, that looks like sooo much fun.

[jealous!]

Anonymous said...

We love you, too, Erin! :) Liz

J.J. said...

hey I recognize that house!! and WOW amy looks pregnant in that picture - yay!

Anonymous said...

Love ya too! Gina

Joyce said...

As far as the pictures....with the wine as the first, are the rest in order; as I can relate to that!?
Love You...

A.K. said...

what a great time! definitely looks like everyone was having a great time! we are finally back after a week 1/2 of being back in town... pigbear's haircut is adorable! love it!!!

Anonymous said...

what a blast!!!

Dave said...

good food and good gab...aint nothin' better! Are those homemade icecream sandwiches!!! yummm!

J.J. said...

forgot to add...how did you guys find your book club?

Terry said...

Speaking as one who has had the pleasure of being a guest with this group, I can attest to the fact that they are, indeed, a fun and thoughtful group of young women. Thanks for your hospitality earlier this year ladies!

Elizabeth said...

*sigh* I should have done this exact same thing before I left. I am missing my book club so much already... these are fantastic photos!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I MISS YOU GUYS! Thanks, Erin, for this little taste of book club. Can't wait to call in next month to get my fix of you girls!

Jodi