
We met Amy this morning for a walk which Sarah was not real happy about. I'm beginning to think my baby is not a morning person, which is disappointing because I so am. Yet another thing to chalk up on the list of "reasons I'm just the birthing vessel and Sarah is really Aunt May May's baby". I have high hopes that baby Charlotte will be a morning person, a cuddler, and a curly blonde - to prove my theory that our children were accidentally switched by the stork. But lest you think I want to trade my baby in let me say that I wouldn't take 100 blonde, curly-haired, huggy, morning babies over my sweet Pigbear!
Okay, back to the original point.
So we took a walk this morning and when we arrived home we spent some time outside watering our plants, about half of which have officially lived through the winter. The jury's still out on the other half. Sarah enjoyed our little watering task so much that I started looking around the yard at all the work we have to do and got inspired. So after her morning nap we headed to Home Depot where she became quite a little plant picker outer. She was loving being hauled around in her baby sling while mommy bent and stooped and reached and lifted every plant in the garden section. On the way back to the car with our rolling pallet full of greenery a man commented that I had "quite a little helper". When I looked down I realized that Sarah had wriggled a little arm free of the baby sling and had a firm grasp of the cart handle as I wheeled it towards the car. She must have thought she was steering! Who knows if our plants will live through the spring, much less summer, fall and winter, but I know the Pigbear and I will have great fun planting them together. As long as it's not in the morning.
4 comments:
what a great HAT! such a wide brim...so nice that she keeps them ON!
Maybe Sarah will have the best green thumb in the family. We will borrow her when it is time to landscape our new home in Tennessee! Love, Grama
She wanted to steer the cart right? Thats got Deedee written all over her!
I can just picture it!
Thank you for sharing all the wonderful little moments - for those of us who are much too far away...
>kisses to the pigbear<
Post a Comment